3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 12:36 PM by kingfish

6470M automatically changed to 7400M when Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta is installed

landeptrai

I'm using a radeon HD 6470M graphic card, whenever I install the Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta (312MB), my graphic card is automatically updated to 7400M, which results in huge amount of lagging and inability to open the radeon setting, saying either I don't have AMD driver installed or my AMD driver is not working properly and asking me to install the correct driver for my AMD graphic card. I open the control panel to update my graphic card and it went back to 6470M. Then everything went back to normal and I finally could open radeon setting. But when I restarted my laptop, I couldn't open radeon setting anymore, and it said the same thing as earlier so i check my graphic card again but it was already set as 6470M. Anyone can help??? Thanks in advance .(I misread before and accidentally installed the crimson edition which is not compatible with my graphic card, the same thing happened, I thought this time when I install the correct version the graphic card won't be altered anymore but it still happened anyway. Prior to installing the compatible version I did cleanly uninstalled all drivers using Control Panel via AMD install manager.)

• Re: 6470M automatically changed to 7400M when Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta is installed
          kingfish

What is the laptop EXACT model?

Switchable graphics?

What OS?

Don't worry about the 6470 vs 7400 thing...they are basically the same card..Rebranded.

• Re: 6470M automatically changed to 7400M when Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta is installed
              landeptrai

My laptop is a VAIO core i3 intel inside (product name:VPCSB4L1E).

It has intel family graphic card and radeon 6470M (according to radeon setting, i'm using radeon graphic card as primary graphic card).

runs on win 7 64 bit ( may be with Home Premium).

Yeah i have read that somewhere too but i cannot play anything with the presence of 7400M( insane amount of lagging, and the graphic looked as if anti-aliasing was rendered off, the color was somewhat changed too, like fire would normally be orange but was changed to white), change it back to 6470M and everything works fine again.

kingfish

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer