6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2015 12:24 AM by cuda@epic.fish

Brand New Sapphire Fury Tri-X having Video Corruption issues

cuda@epic.fish

I just got a Sapphire Fury Tri-X.  I've had it for 3 days now running on the Crimson Beta and about 4 times so far while on the desktop or web browsing I have had my screen suddenly shift to the top half of my monitor, leave green space on the bottom, and have crazy lines distorting left to right.  Rebooting the pc or a disable/enable in device manager of card temporary fixes it.

I did a ton of searching the last few days and I have located a bunch of posts with this same issue spanning all brands and all fury cards: fury, fury x, and nano.  Seems like a lot of people are affected.  I do not see any publicly stated resolve or awareness from AMD on this issue.

I'm having this identical issue:  AMD Radeon Fury X Display issues - YouTube

My main concern is if it keeps up this is a deal breaker for me and I'm afraid I'm going to have to return my card.  Every post I have read seem to think it's got something to do with the bios or drivers since it spans multiple card manufactures and multiple fury chips.  I have found posts dating back to early August about this so I'm assuming there isn't going to be a fast track fix for this.  This is a highly annoying problem for a $550 card I just purchased. 

What Gives?????  Is this something AMD is working on or should I just send my card back???

• Re: Brand New Sapphire Fury Tri-X having Video Corruption issues
          cuda@epic.fish

Just to make something clear I was formerly on a R9 290 and just upgraded to the Fury 3 days ago.  I was not having this issue with the 290.  I did a removal of the crimson beta drivers behind the 290, ran DDU, and the installed the Fury Crimson beta drivers.  Gaming is amazing and I'm not experiecing these issues while gaming... only while on my desktop.  I happen to be in chrome streaming espn at least one time it happened.... don't know if that makes a difference though.

System:

Windows 10 64bit

AMD FX-8320e

16gb Crucial DDR3 1600

850watt EVGA Bronze PS

Sapphire Fury Tri-X

amdmatt

This is a known issue which is under investigation by our software engineers.

qwixt

Based on what amdmatt said, I would return it and try a new card. I have the same card as you, and, I hate to jinx myself, I do not have that issue.

waltc

cuda@epic.fish wrote:

Just to make something clear I was formerly on a R9 290 and just upgraded to the Fury 3 days ago.  I was not having this issue with the 290.  I did a removal of the crimson beta drivers behind the 290, ran DDU, and the installed the Fury Crimson beta drivers.  Gaming is amazing and I'm not experiecing these issues while gaming... only while on my desktop.  I happen to be in chrome streaming espn at least one time it happened.... don't know if that makes a difference though.

System:

Windows 10 64bit

AMD FX-8320e

16gb Crucial DDR3 1600

850watt EVGA Bronze PS

Sapphire Fury Tri-X

My advice is to get off the Crimsons ASAP and see if this solves your problem.  Realize that in the Crimson interface AMD has made no provision for simple resolution switching in the driver--or rather, stripped out the user's ability to change screen resolutions in Windows from inside the driver interface.  I would suggest going back to the Catalyst 15.11's and seeing if you still have the issue.  That would tell you whether it is simply a Crimson interface problem or it is possibly a problem with your hardware.  Probably, if you still have the same problem after the slightly older Catalysts are installed, you should return the card for the time being if you can.

But be sure and test without running the Crimson interface.  You could even try what I do if you want and install the Catalyst 15.11.1b (if you still have it on your system--don't quite know where AMD has put it, unfortunately) and then use the Device Manager to load in the Crimson driver.  The Crimsons work fine and fit the CCC like a glove--and you can even use the custom resolution utility with the Catalyst CC shell--which you cannot do with the Crimson interface. But if the problem clears once you dump the Crimson interface then you have nothing to fear as it's a simple driver problem, obviously.

cuda@epic.fish

After doing more research it looks like this is affecting a bunch of users of the fury x and fury cards that I have found forum posts dating back all the way to August.  I'm assuming the issue has been there through all driver versions since the fury x launch. 

I'm quickly loosing faith in AMD to fix it as they obviously have known about this issue for at least 4 months and they haven't, that I can tell, made a public statement about it.  This is a deal breaker to me.  I'm probably going to see about an exchange or refund.

cuda@epic.fish

Look carefully at this video as it's identical to what I am experiencing:

AMD Radeon Fury X Display issues - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GjtsaoEtnY

I take note of the Jul 12, 2015 publish date because today is 12/12/2015.  That was 5 months ago.  This is a major issue.  Does that video make you want to spend $500+ on that card ?????????