78 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 1:27 AM by donta1979

Fix for Fallout 4 WHEN?

krelian

We've heard it all before, it is being worked on, we know the issue, we are almost mid december and no fix yet, so when?

• Re: Fix for Fallout 4 WHEN?
          tomtalk24

Could you point out what fix your after? Seems to run fine and dandy. Even Crossfires playing nice.

amdmatt

Are you referring to the compass issue? We're working with the developer to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

wstr

I'm wondering that myself.

In Fallout 4 i have compas and performance problems with R9 390 and i'm not alone in this. Compass is not a big issue for me at all but huge performance drops in Fall.4 whenever i go inside a factory, house, small cellar is. I had to revert to Catalyst just so i can play F4 without these drops and i've tried everything to fix it.

So i'm waiting too because in other games Crimson gave me a small fps boost + smoother framerates and i really like it but i still have to use Catalyst 'cause i'm playing F4 a lot.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                  chezuma

Hi Matt,

After some reading the glitch seems to me as a issue with the HUD shader, after changing the opacity in the display menu in the in game menu, the problem was almost resolved. I have the compass 99% of the time after doing this change. I got a triple setup with 290.

Happy new year!

osiris

I have the newest 1.2.37 patch and using crimson. Still no good, getting better performance with just one gpu. My specs are i7-5930k, 16gb ram, r295x2. Getting fps drops down to 20 in outdoor areas. This is at 4k resolution with all settings at ultra.  This card should eat this game up with no problem if crossfire would work properly. I got crossfire to work but performance is less and lots of screen flickering which ruins the game. Is there any fix being worked on?

araxiel

Some people in the modding community made a quick fix:

Fallout 4 AMD Crimson Compass FIX Tutorial by Piers Nivans - YouTube

I find this still rather unacceptable by AMD. Is no-one testing this? Or do they think nobody would notice?

On a similar notice, I have another problem with the newest driver:

The AMD Gaming Evolved software-thing from previous versions for some strange reason broke the spacebar, > and ? keys in text inputs (such as naming things and the command cnsole). Turning that software off fixed that weird problem. But with the recent driver it came back. And I have yet to find a workaround. Shutting down AMD Gaming Evolved does not seem to be enough this time. I tried writing a short script sending > when pressing a key combination; but for some absolutely strange reason that does not seem to work either (even though the steamOverlay has no problems with those kets).

I find such a weird bug absolutely baffling and greatly aggravating.

krelian

New drivers and they didn't fix it, i'm done with amd.

wstr

Yeah, Crimson 15.12 is just 15.11.1 wrapped in WHQL "package" so nothing is fixed. I'm really, really dissapointed now.

Been using AMD's GPU's almost exclusively for at least 10 years now and never EVER had any driver or GPU problems... until now.

They created a new "group" just to give users better driver support and i was really happy when i read this, even decided on R9 390 instead of my first candidate, Gtx 970, because of this but right now i think i've made a huge mistake. The results of this change are not showing at all.  

I think i'm gonna give'em another month to sort this mess out (new drivers and all) but if it doesn't get any better by then well... Bye, bye.

tomtalk24

Surely when you say "nothing" you mean your specific problem, AMD are working on it along with 1000 other things related to other developers game engines. As this is your first problem, well done.

Give them another month? AMD don't wait on you and your problem hand on fist. Sounds like you want a red phone on your desk with any issue you have. You have an issue, report it, hope it is fixed on the next update but have knowledge its received and understood, as states by other users and moderators.

This is a support forum for users to users, not a dear diary.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                  wstr

Well, when there's a new driver out ppl are expecting some fixes, critical fixes they've been waiting for so they can happily play their games. Especially fixes for bugs that weren't present in previous driver (in Catalyst). So when there's a new driver out and nothing is changed from the last one do you really believe anybody's happy with that? Check some other forums, you'll see what i'm talking about.

Either way, you weren't helpful with your reply so why even take the time to write it? You told me nothing i didn't allready knew, you weren't helpful so why? O_o

At least i wrote here to tell ppl with Crimson problems nothing's changed in 15.12 so they don't even bother with uninstalling and reinstalling again and again just to see if their problems are fixed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    krelian

You know why people get a good gpu on a PC? to play, and right now since the release of crimson, the hotfix, and the same hotfix wrapped up in whql, two of the bigges games are still not working properly, GTA V and Fallout 4, you know, "small games" everyone this year played or want to play. So no, i don't see them fixing the important stuff.

tomtalk24

I can see 5 with the problem on this one post. Even one person with a problem isnt good.

And thanks for the infomation, not that I dont know. You know being an active user of this forum and helping anyone whenever I can, and being a user to user forum like many other people. And an avid PC user and gamer.

Have any of you rolled back your drivers? The only game I can think of that will benefit greatly would be just cause 3 (1/12/15) as it came out when Crimson came out. The R9 3xx and Fury are new, and yes it isnt ideal they dont work at 1000 hp in any big title but soon they will. Just use the driver that works until things have been sorted. Kinda like your OS or phone, you dont have to update and could wait for stuff to be crystal before updating. Crimson isn't compulsory.

Both of these games dont render well in 3D for me, mainly as the 3D depth is based on the shadows. So im sure its connected so would be looking forward to a slight improvement my end. But raging on a user to user forum about AMD isnt going to help.

krelian

I have been using the 15.11.1 pre crimson dlls, but somehow the crimson drivers run better fallout 4 for me. I have no problem using them for gta v, but people shouldn't have to do this, i had a couple of friends with the same problem that don't read forums and were just playing it with those problems.

wstr

Yes, i'm using the latest-last Catalyst so i can play Fallout 4 and AssCreed Syndicate normally.

Also i agree and am sorry for raging here. Was waiting for Crimson 15.12 'cause i was sure it would fix these new performance problems and was pretty

sad and mad when it didn't. It was pretty dumb of me to come and rage here. Not gonna happen again.

One more piece of info for Krelian: This whole thing is weird because a lot of 390 users have problems with GTAV but it runs a lot better for me and i have no problems with it whatsoever. I can do 2xMSAA with Crimson which i can't do with Catalyst because it stutters too much.

krelian

well gta v runs very good for me since a few updates back so i don't really have problem with using the dll for that game, fallout 4 however does not run very good with pre crimson drivers for me, are you sure you are not overheating? GTA literally use 100% of my gpu and if you don't have proper cooling you can overheat easily.

errorclone@yahoo.de

Same here, still buggy compass! I have a R9 390

john007

Hello,

Didn't someone over at Nexus.com release a fix for the compass on AMD hardware?

Fallout 4 Crimson driver compass fix for AMD at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

sonne11

Not just the compass bug but what about extremely poor performance on an r9 390. Massive fps dips to 30fps because of shadows. A GTX 970 has much better performance in fallout when it is an inferior card to the 390.

wstr

Well that's just GameDoesntWorks. Nvidia had a lot of "cooperative" time with Bethesda to implement and optimize GameWorks for their GPU's while AMD can't do that because Nvidia basically locks them out until the game is released. Nvidia is known to do that with it's supported titles so i don't blame AMD for any of that. I blame Nvidia's shitty closed source policy and unfair/dirty tactics towards AMD+Intel. That's why i don't like them at all. Pretty much all games run better on AMD HW if there's no GameDoesntWorks involved.

Also you need a really good CPU to have lesser drops. The game runs a tad better on 970 but pretty much all users have these drops in big cities even GTX 980Ti users.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                john007

Hello,

I apologize for that I don't own Fallout 4 at the moment. May I ask how severe are the FPS drops? Also I'd blame Gamedontworks.

errorclone@yahoo.de

It's good playable on a R9 390! You need to lower the shadow distance to medium (3000-7000) and set tessalation to 8x in radeon settings! Constant 60 fps, only in larger cities the frames will drop to 45-50 in some spots/areas.

wstr

Severe drops whenever i'm inside a building (houses, factories, you name it). You look at the wall or corner from 1m and there are sub 30fps drops which are not there with Catalyst and just shouldn't be there. FPS inside buildings was always smooth 60 with Catalyst so i think it has something to do with GPU's power draw being lowered with Crimson or something like that because nothing helps. The only known fix is Catalyst.

BUT there are fewer fps drops when outside with Crimson so idk wth is going on. Smoother outside and unplayable inside. O_o

john007

Hello,

I would install Afterburner 4.2.0 and increase the voltage and power consumption to the GPU. Benchmark the unit and monitor temps and such. Hope this helps

mikeserv

Your symptoms fit mine to a "T". I run a sensor overlay and can see that the GPU clock is reduced (300 MHz or 473 MHz) and often under-utilized at that, while the bad behaviour is occurring. I have all 8 CPU threads up there too, and none of them are seeing particularly high usage while this silliness is occurring. (it's not the "bottleneck")

Another game I'm certain has the same behaviour for me is Bioshock Infinite. Identical symptoms and observations. I suspect other games as well, but I just haven't observed enough to be sure it's this, and not some other unrelated issue. There's only limited time for games.

When the game is performing well (e.g. outdoors) the GPU gets up to full (or high enough) clock speed and is utilized 100%

mikeserv

Some things that seemed to help me significantly in Fallout 4. First, I cranked up the graphics settings all to their highest (Ultra where available). I had it on high'ish settings previously. I found very little difference in performance, except that it seemed to mitigate the low GPU clock and stuttery lag. Both the occurrences of it, and the severity. My reasoning is that it keeps the GPU clocked up more.

After that I thought of motion blur. Turning that off helped even more, though it does make for motion that's not as smooth in some places, a tad jerky (but if it helps I don't care). I'm having fewer occurrences of that problem now.

In Bioshock Infinite, the problem was "Framerate Lock" (some implementation of vsync) setting in game. Disabling that, eliminated the low GPU clock behaviour.

So it seems like it could be some sort of synchronization type thing. The GPU down clocking being the symptom, rather than the cause. There's no "vsync" setting in game in Fallout 4, and I've tried with and without "Always On" in AMD Settings with no effect.

tomtalk24

Fallout 4 has a similar frame lock. But if I remember correctly, everything physics based goes nuts without it.

wstr

Yeah, Bioshock Infinite drops you to 30fps every time you drop under 60fps but it's easy to fix with other v-sync "solution".

Fallout 4 you just can't. I've tried unlocking v-sync and capping frames and those weird drops still occur sadly.

mikeserv

Here is what REALLY helped me in Fallout 4.

I have an MSI card, so I used "MSI gaming app" which sets one of three clock profiles (OC, Gaming and Silent). I don't know what possessed me to try that dumbed down program (I already have MSI Afterburner and AMD Settings) as I didn't realize that it implements it differently. The whole time the program is running, it forces the clock speed.

The program has to stay running, but my GPU stays at 1000 MHz (memory at 1450 MHz) the entire time. I also have to remember to close it when done gaming, or the GPU runs at full clock even when idling on the desktop.

I knew it right away, a night and day difference in Fallout 4. Now when I go in little rooms or closets, motion is smooth.

I'm playing that game nicely now, with all the settings cranked up, without motion blur (I hate that anyway... it depends on the game whether that helps or harms and I do disable it in most games). It does lag a bit in some spots, but in places where that's more expected. The GPU is working hard.

Definitely some bad behaviour that needs to be fixed in the driver, seeing as overriding it works around the problem.

john007

Hello,

You state that one of the profiles locks the core speed at 1000mhz, can you monitor the GPU usage in Afterburner while ingame please? The problem with the Fury X at the moment is that the GPU usage fluctuates constantly resulting in stuttering once in a while. Ever since AMDmatt recommended activating the 'GPU usage monitoring' tab in Afterburner the GPU is working better but still fluctuating.

mikeserv

Actually yes, I have a sensor overlay and GPU usage is one stat that I watch. I have observed that as well even still. GPU usage might even drop to 0%. I assumed it was because everything is already rendered and there's nothing for it to do. Sometimes it DOES lag briefly in those cases, but after a few foot steps the GPU engages again. I notice that behaviour when walking in the city areas with a lot of tall buildings etc.

wstr

Well, i've read somewhere you can force max clocks with RadeonPro, just like Mikeserv did with MSI Gamin app, but i haven't tried it yet. It supposedly fixes Crimson's weird performance issues in some games.

donta1979

The Issue he is talking about on many AMD cards at a driver level the core clock downclocks in game, this can be seen in Fallout 4 when you have an application like rivatuner/msi afterburner monitoring say gpu usage/FPS/Core Clock, you let your character go afk with this on. As the camera pans around you will see it happening when the gpu is down to 300-500mhz you will see fps in the 10-20 FPS range, when it hits about 800 you will see the 40 fps range, and the highest I have seen the core clock go is 901mhz and the game shoot up to 54 FPS. Its not the compass flicker, its the drivers not fully utilizing the gpu. As for blaming gameworks yes it does a performance hit but not like you think lowering and disabling gameworks features you can also hurt performance. If it was all gameworks fault games like the Witcher 3 with hairworks would not run as good as it does on my Fury X 40+ FPS everything on Ultra, hairworks on GPU stays at 1050 core most of the time and when it does game stays at over 50 FPS, when it starts to downclock a little it drops into the 40 FPS range. But here is a pic of all gameworks features in fallout 4 turned off or lowered to their lowest setting. Look at the fps and look at the core clock. Those saying forcing the core speed that does not do it fully as well, because another proccess is forcing those clocks it does not mean the game is now able to fully utilize the gpu at full clock speeds, the drivers tell the card ok this is going on I will allocate this much gpu horsepower to what you are rendering in whatever window, well unfortunately its not being told to fully utilize 100% of the card at all times. AMD needs to stop being so worried about saving power especially on their higher enthusiast and gamer cards. They need these cards to just go ok you want me to kill it on the performance time to go into overdrive full clock speed ahead I will keep working even when I think its not needed I must maintain performance and high fps count, forget about saving a few watts and downclocking.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541921754594264953/BEB5CE98B2832CEB06B4BCAC6600BE402D0F7E42/

I am also going to add with trying the last beta Catalyst drivers, performance has increased dramatically, gpu does not down clock, but in some areas of the game like the one shown lowered the gpu usage it is dropping down to 0-4% usage as my frames drop. Other areas in the game are just smoother with higher fps and more gpu usage. So yes it is an AMD driver issue mostly, also since it is persisting in settlements something in the game itself I am guessing or even the drivers are telling the GPU to chill you don't need to work hard. When there is in fact tons to keep rendering and working on to keep up performance.

donta1979

I just spoke to someone at Bethesda, apparently it is an AMD Driver issue and a Bethesda issue. Hopefully they have a sit down soon to fix it. They also said it will be fixed "give it time".

3 of 4 people found this helpful
                                                                              krelian

i call bs, how is this bethesda's issue, when only amd cards have it and the previous drivers worked fine, is just a single version of the amd driver which has the issue.

tomtalk24

Have you considered meditation?

The best solution here would be to use the previous drivers that worked fine no?

krelian

genius answer, hey something new not working, use the old ones! that's how programs work, who cares about fixing issues, just get stuck in the version that works for you.

kingfish

quote: ""

""genius answer, hey something new not working, use the old ones! that's how programs work, who cares about fixing issues, just get stuck in the version that works for you.""

If you think this forum is a way to get thinks fixed, your nuts. This is a user-to-user gaming oriented forum. People trying to help other people. If you didn't want suggestions, why did you jump in? AMD has many ways to be contact about driver issues. I suggest you try them rather than make a a_ss out of yourself on a public help forum. People like you should get a gameboy.

donta1979

Its defiantly a both issue man. AMD on the driver side is gpu/usage clocks, Bethesda side is not telling the gpu to say hey get to work buddy there is work to be done most of my issues are in my settlements but I have to use the last Catalyst beta driver to get good performance in Fallout 4 but like I said gpu usage is still a problem but not nearly as a large of a problem with the new Crimson drivers. Bethesda has even said its a both issue so its not bs calm your jets, and me switching drivers around from the latest Crimson and the last Beta Catalyst even shows it to be a both side issue.

The nvidia cards do get the hickups but not as bad. I know because I do own a GTX Titan and put in 700hrs into Fallout 4 on it, the thing really keeping the nvidia gpus's working most of the time I guarantee is gameworks, but there are times on my GTX Titan gpu usage was down and fps dropped but only for a second or two then it shot back up. Where AMD does not have that, even though they have assets to render, the engine is not telling the gpu to get back to work and the drivers are not saying hey get back to work.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has been a nvidia die hard fan for over a decade, I have switched over to AMD, I am enjoying their product I get to keep modeling in Maya, most of my games run amazing and I didn't have to dish out 1k for a GTX TitanX that is lacking workstation features like double precision.

john007

Hello,

You cant blame AMD for this mess. Its the same old tactics from NVidia. Remember Borderlands 2 and dirty PhysX? A few tweaks in the config files and you could activate PhysX onto the CPU. Now days PhysX is now bound to GPU only. You understand the bigger picture.

wstr

Crimson 16.1 is here.

I've been fcking around with Crimson, trying to find a fix for weird F4 performance drops (NOT the usual drops in some cities both companies GPU's have!!!), and going back to Catalyst so many times now that i don't wanna do it again. I'm sick of uninstalling and installin again and again and again. So, has anybody tried it yet? Are compass and weird performance drops fixed?

Any info is welcome.

wstr

Well i've tried it now and...

Compass is fixed but crappy fps lags still happpen inside buildings. They also happen in Witcher 3, AssCreed Syndicate even Mass Effect 3 for fck sake.

But i've now seen what happens. I had Overdrive at default GPU clocks and when trying Fallout 4, exiting and opening Overdrive immediately, core, memory and Power Limit sliders were lowered. Crimson did that on it's own. Setting them back to their default state or even OC-in does nothing. Games still lags.

Back to Catalyst...

donta1979

Best fix I have found so far, you get to leave tessellation alone, Godrays on Ultra alone, both setting shadow settings to high, maintain 25+ FPS if you are on Intel you need to at least achieve a 4.3ghz overclock on your I7 with your Fury X/Fury or Nano. If you do not overclock your cpu to at least 4.3ghz expect drops down to 10-19 FPS constantly... I also put in the ini tweaks so the game engine will utilize all cores and threads. I agree we should not have to overclock our cpus if we are on Fuji to get acceptable performance without it being a slide show... A bit annoyed right now at that fact but this is the only thing that works right now currently and unfortunately. If older generation & cheaper AMD refresh generation gpus do not have to do this we should not be having to do this on a 500-600 dollar plus video cards to play. So it boils down to an AMD thing and a Bethesda thing that they need to fix... like last month or this last hotfix we got but at least AMD is moving faster than Bethesda right now. I am on the fence on returning this card, swallowing my pride and letting the green weenie of nvidia shaft me again out of money paying more for less on a TitanX, I really do not want to... colors, games look way better AMD side and the games that are optimized or been out for awhile run amazing.

john007

Hello,

Not to go offtopic but may I ask a quick question about the crimson 16.1?

1. Does it still have the old CCC GUI implemented into the crimson GUI?

2. How is the GPU usage? Is it still fluctuating?

3. Does Crimson still reset your Afterburner overclock profile on either bootup or a restart back to default speeds?

Thankyou for your time.

donta1979

1. You mean the gpu options and stuff in the control panel controlling tessellation/controlling AA/Shader Cache/Frame Rate Control and Overdrive? If so yes. I have been only using an AMD GPU for 4-6 days.

2. It does not fluctuate as bad at least in Fallout 4 if you overclock an i7 to 4.3ghz.

3. No clue I have not bothered overclocking my Fury X yet.

wstr

1.Yes, it still has old CCC GUI burried in it's settings.

2.Yes, GPU usage is still fluctuating but theres nothing wrong with that. It's fluctuating in many games with v-sync on, thats normal for any GPU on the market BUT throttling and downclocking IS still a problem and it's not fixed.

3. Wouldn't know 'cause i'm back on Catalyst

squall-loire

1. Pretty much. Most options are available in the Crimson Settings, some are semi-hidden behind an "additional settings" button which takes you to a cut-down version of the old CCC.

2. GPU usage ALWAYS fluctuates. I don't know why people are complaining about this. GPU clocks rise and fall in accordance with demand, and this has been the case for many years. The only way to keep your GPU clock locked at its top speed is to use a program like MSI Afterburner to enable unofficial OC modes. If your GPU clock does not max out when playing a game, it's either because the game is not very demanding or because the game is inefficient.

3. Never had this problem with Crimson. I'm using the same Afterburner profiles I was using under Catalyst and they function the same as they always have.

donta1979

Well in games that AMD has taken the time to iron out the GPU fluctuation on clocks and gpu usage do not really happen the gpu goes into full overdrive staying at 1040-1050mhz with gpu usage staying at 90-100% constantly.

If AMD can do an overhaul to get Fallout 4 to run on as much of the gpu as possible like they did the Witcher 3 that would be great, but to have that happen they have to go to Bethesda and give us an alternative to gameworks.

Right now the best solution I have found and gained an extra 10 min fps is this tool on the nexus Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community 

Just have to make sure you put in how many cores your processor has, Set Shadow Distance to 6500"for whatever reason sometimes bethesda sets this to 100k+ killing performance", Make sure the game is running High Priority. On a stock 4770k, Fury X you will see about 40-60 FPS, you can bump the Shadow distance to 2500-3k and you should keep a steady 50-60 FPS at 1920x1080. Use the app above for some reason Bethesda has a bug that sets shadow distance to crazy amounts... on high and Ultra.

donta1979

Ok after dealing with the game on both a GTX Titan Signature and an AMD R9 Fury X. Finally able to get 50-60 FPS none stop, unless its an interior we only have control of how many particle emitters are popping out particles but not the particles lifespan or now many are being pumped out, nor do we have control of the lights. I found it funny that the game set my Shadow distance to Ultra, with Bethesda's setting of 20,000 there is not a CPU on the planet that can run Ultra Shadows in this game since all shadows are done on our processors. Gameworks is only a killer if you have it set to Ultra, if you want the extra eye candy use the Config tool and set it to low as I have for godrays. or you can just disable them. We all need to hound Bethesda and demand Shadows get rendered on the GPU's instead of the cpu. Hey it cannot hurt they keep adding features with each beta and patch...

Get this tool http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

opt out of the beta patch it breaks more of the game than you know...

Install that Config Tool.

Set things up like this in the config tool a few settings you will want to lower a little more to boost fps to a degree in interiors. Only touch the custom resolution in the app if your monitor can do that resolution or you can use VSR if it does not tank your pc.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/FO4_Tweaker1_zpshyw9nrog.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/FO4_Tweaker2_zps2zacfuuc.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/FO4_Tweaker3_zpszkqof0mf.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/FO4_Tweaker2_zps2zacfuuc.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/Donta1979/FO4_Tweaker5_zpsex80c7cr.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

In interiors if you are getting fps drops set your particle count to 25 and your Shadow Resolution to 3072, You can drop shadow resolution to its lowest setting if you are running a low end cpu. 1024 to 2048

Interiors will be 30-60 FPS "unless its a light issue area where someone at Bethesda just dropped a light and said hey that looks good job done".

Out doors you will keep a good steady 50-60 FPS with a few drops here and there as things load in and mostly happens when hitting a new cell or you are high up looking down.

The next thing is your saved game folder in my Documents>My Games>Fallout 4>Saves

For whatever reason saving games and playing countless hours, this folder gets full and I mean full looking today it was 4gb of saved games, this will affect the auto save and load times for whatever reason. Sort your saves by date and only keep the more recent ones. If you have to go though each of your characters in game and make a new save. Then when you go back into the Save folder sort your saved games by Date and only keep the newest ones. Delete the rest, this will improve initial start up of the game, and performance.

The last thing if all else seems to fail, you had great performance before, but you got a patch or a beta patch and just cannot get your game running as good as it was. I do know those on launch that got the initial bad hotfix patch many had their games messed up. The ONLY solution is to uninstall the game, go into Documents>My Games> and Delete the Fallout 4 folder, then go into your Steam folder Steam>steamaps>common and Delete the Fallout 4 directory. Then reinstall your game, and set it up initially you should see a performance increase even in interiors.

As for Mods they are great, but ones that actually change the game internally just stay away from them until the game is patched to the last and final version. With all the patch updates/beta patches its a good way to break your game and cause much un-needed problems for yourself.

Patches and Beta Patches: Every time this happens you run into an issue its just best to uninstall your game like I mentioned above and start off fresh. Bethesda seems to have messed this one up some how. I would not even bother with the beta patches, even if you think it could fix your issue. Why its a beta patch meaning its a beta and will probably break other parts of your game. If you do not mind being free labor by all means go ahead and use the Beta patches, but be warned this will normally cause more problems than it will fix.

My setup

Core I7 4770k Turbo on

AMD R9 Fury X or GTX Titan

Gigabyte Z87 G1

32gb Corsair Vengence 1600

WD Vraptor 600gb

Seasonic X750 Gold PSU

donta1979

More Testing the Shadow Distance is one of the major culprits, even setting the game to run as many cores as your cpu has, setting it to run priority it will only use a max of 41% of cpu usage thus resulting in the horrible FPS... The more I tweak things, mess with the game, the more I am leaning its all a Bethesda not utilizing hardware issue. I have also found out that any one that says they are getting a constant 60 FPS on any hardware at 1920x1080 is full of it. So yeah this is not really an AMD thing they could do more for tessellation if they get with Bethesda but its not a make or break thing... The breaker is it only puts a load of up to 41% on your cpu...

donta1979

If any of you that have an I7 and a Fury X that want help to at least get for the most part a steady 50-60 FPS at 1920x1080 just send me a pm or I can just put up a guide for the INI files. Those that have R9 390's and 390X's this will probably work for you as well.

donta1979

As long as you are not using freesync or crossfire my guide will probably be able to help, I will be moving to 1440p and a freesync display soon, so I will update the guide once I have freesync running smooth in Fallout 4. I will have freesync part updated after the 4th already getting as much info as possible to get it working in Fallout 4. Once I do it myself I will update my guide.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1588492-guide-for-improving-fallout-4-performance-on-amd/