1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 8:28 PM by smgjohn

Crimson 15.11.1 LoadLibrary failed Error 87

smgjohn

I upgraded to the new AMD Crimson driver hotfix after running 15.7.1 for a while and then every OpenGL application I run receive this error LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

I thought it was an issue with OpenGL itself so I did a lot of those fixes people told me like rename atig6pxx.dll to atig6pxx.dll.BAK or edit the registry but nothing worked it kept doing it, it did it for 15.11 too.

I then just uninstalled the driver completely with DDU 15.7.1.0 and did a clean install of the last Catalyst drivers 15.10 Beta and now everything work so its definitely an issue related to Crimson screwing around with the OpenGL driver or something its quite annoying I wanted to experience crimson in its glory.

My system specs:

Windows 8.1 x64 <- This could be related

16GB DDR3 1600

Intel Core i7-3940XM

Intel Graphics HD 4000

Clevo Radeon HD8970M/R9 M290X 4GB

• Re: Crimson 15.11.1 LoadLibrary failed Error 87
          smgjohn

The problem has been found in Radeon Crimson 15.12.

The issue is related to the OpenGL .DLL files installed, being wrong for the mobility series of Radeon cards.

The fix to this is to use the last working OpenGL files, I have extracted these from the last working Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta.

Its a regular .ZIP file with the following inside:

atig6pxx.dll

atig6txx.dll

atiglpxx.dll

atio6axx.dll

Instructions:

Clean old drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller 15.7.3.1

Install Radeon Crimson 15.12 (Do not use 15.16 Beta as I am not sure whether the files will work with it, the installation causes BSOD on my Windows 8.1, you could try if you like and report back)

Replace atig6pxx.dll, atig6txx.dll and atio6axx.dll in C:\Windows\System32

Remember to backup these files, you can simply just write atig6pxx.dll.BAK behind them and then copy the new ones from the .ZIP file, ignore the atiglpxx.dll, I do not really see any use for it in Crimson but I kept it just in case.