3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 10:39 AM by joulesbeef

How do I deactivate AMD color controls and reactivate Windows Color Calibration?

customer1

I finally decided to say yes to updating my drivers in the startup nag screen and after all appeared to go smoothly I noticed I lost my monitor color calibration settings.  Thinking this was not going to be that big of a deal, I'd probably just have to reselect the ICC profiles I want to use.  I go into my advanced display adapter properties color management settings to find my monitors don't exist!!!!  Ok this must mean AMD has now taken control from windows for color calibration.  I then go into the new "AMD Radeon Settings" dig into the Additional Settings to "Desktop Color" to find I can only move sliders to change my monitor color.  I have no place to select an ICC profile for proper monitor calibration.  This screen is essentially useless.  I notice there's a grey'd out "Reactivate AMD color controls" button there which I assume would be active if windows had color calibration control.  So how do I deactivate these useless AMD color controls?????  I don't understand how AMD could release such beta drivers in their non beta branch.   Taking out standard windows functionality that existed in previous version of your driver....  Seriously Shameful AMD!!!