AnsweredAssumed Answered

scaling on hd4300 in windows 10

Question asked by eaglewise on Dec 7, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 by warpfact0r10

Ever since I bought a Samsung LS24D590PL/ZC monitor I have had to use the scaling feature in Catalyst Control Center. I have a Radeon HD4300 and would prefer not to upgrade as it is just my office system and I don't need graphics power. It was a hassle but at least I got full screen real estate use. I can't make heads or tails of monitor features and they will enlarge screen size but not completely, not edge to edge. When I moved to Windows 10 and tried auto detect it didn't work. Manual offered only Windows 8 64 bit option and Catalyst Software Suite 13.1 or a beta 13.4. When I installed 13.1 I see Pinned, Presets, Performance, and Power sections on left side. No scaling option. I read somewhere that Windows 10 will update to a correct driver version or I can install one? but I can't figure this out. The worst thing is I did somehow do something that got it working once before with scaling in Windows 10 but can't recall how or find info again. I had to reinstall Windows 10 and back to square one. Any help is appreciated to resolve. This time I will assist my memory and document it.

Outcomes