AnsweredAssumed Answered

R9 280x screen flicker question

Question asked by bradman1313 on Dec 7, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 by bradman1313
Hello, recently bought a Powercolor TurboDuo R9 280x (PowerColor TurboDuo Radeon R9 280X DirectX 11.2 AXR9 280X 3GBD5-T2DHV2E/OC 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready … ) to replace my 6850, even though it worked well with all my games except Fallout 4. It works great, except for a small screen flickering problem.
This is my performance during a benchmark:
Gyazo - 6ff7149dd8bd90d6e4437f9b904184bb.png
Starting after installing my new card and the Radeon Crimson drivers (post fan-control problem), during 2D games (notably Starbound) and seperately while watching YouTube videos, my screen will flicker horizontal white and black lines for a VERY brief moment (maybe 1-2 hz) then return to normal. This happens erratically, between 1-10 minutes between flickers. The picture on the monitor seems to "shift" downward when this happens. The problem occurs in both fullscreen and windowed. It doesn't stutter or drop fps before or after. It doesn't happen while taxing the GPU in Furmark or Kombustor, or while playing much more intensive games. I have adequate power to run the GPU.
Things I have tried:
Reseating the GPU
Installing the latest update of CCC instead
Swapping DVI cables
Underclocked to 950/1400 from 1030/1500
Using RadeonPro to force clock speeds
Nothing has changed.
Should I RMA the card? Will it get worse down the road? I've tried googling but screen flickering is a pretty common problem. Thanks for looking.

Outcomes