3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 2:43 PM by suk86

Star Wars Battlefront crashes on Sapphire HD 7850 2GB OC

suk86

Hello Guys,

I have issues playing new Star Wars Battlefront, even i did not have any issues during playing beta version. The problém is that game is crasing after some time (approx 5 - 10 minutes of playing) with random color on the background and with horizontal lines together with looping sound like "dum dum dum".

I have asked EA for help, but they figured out that must be graphic driver issue and tasked me to contact AMD.

I have done following when trying to solve the issue:updated all posible drivers on Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, performed memtest, performed GPU load test with FurMark, everything was normal. Scanned PC for viruses, done sfc /scannow command, upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, installed latest crimson drivers, re-installed the game several times, performed clean installation of Windows 8.1 Pro again, but it is still the same.

Only one difference happened when i have installed latest version of Crimson drivers from 30.11.2015. The game was not freezing whole PC, it just crashed with message "application stopped working"

Now after the re-install of the Operating systém i was able to catch BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER with connection to these atikmdag.sys, ntoskrnl.exe

My PC specification:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC

MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz

PSU: Fortron Aurum 700W

HDD: 120 GB SSD Kingston HyperX + 4 classic HDD´s various size

+ some peripherals like Saitek Cybork V7 keyboard, ASUS GX1000 mouse, Logitech Cordless rumble pad 2, and internal AverTV Tv card in PCI- e

I have anclosed few files

It would be great if someone can help me with this, it is very very annoying and surprising for me as i did not have any issues with any game till now.

Thanks in advance

Jiri