3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 11:12 AM by kingfish

Downloaded latest drivers and lost my video card like usual

arrington

Everything worked fine but as always with AMD I had an update pop up and decided I'd get the latest drivers.  After installing and rebooting I lost 1080 graphics and am having to resort to factory graphics.  Anyone else having this ridiculous problem EVERY TIME they update with AMD? If so how do you fix this and prevent it in the future?

• Re: Downloaded latest drivers and lost my video card like usual
          kingfish

Disable the 'check for new updates".

If you want further help, list all the specifics of your computer and graphics.

• Re: Downloaded latest drivers and lost my video card like usual
            kingfish

If you have it disabled, how can it be notifying you of a new update?

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and use the Intel driver update tool. Find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, download and save it to your desktop. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For  Windows 7 SP1  64bit

Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer