AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crimson update for 270x

Question asked by joni_markus98@hotmail.com on Dec 4, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 by marcosvpaula

Hello!

I've recently updated to the latest graphics card driver, Crimson software. It felt okay first, but first thing I noticed was the fans being on the same speed (20%) all the time, and yes I read about it after a few days of usage.

One problem for me is that after the update, my monitor sometimes (1-3 times/hr) goes black and goes back on with lower resolution and says that I'm using a wrong cable and I should use the one that came with the monitor, but I've been using the same DVI-DL cable all the time. Usually after 10 minutes it blacks out and comes back on with the resolution that I've used and no more warning signs. I've tried another cable and another monitor, it still keeps blacking out.

And another problem is that when I played a game, it used to have ~70% GPU usage, but after the update it goes from 85-98%. Mostly being around 90-95%.

Well the problems continues. If I open a game and alt+tab off from it, or if I change for example the resolution on my monitor it somehow messes up my desktop and this screen artifact is the result, it only affects for the desktop, so it's not that big of a deal, but it's still pretty unusual, which worries me a little.

EDIT : The 2nd picture is the normal desktop view.

amd1.pngamd2.png

I've tried some older drivers but the same problems continued, does it mean it's permanently damaged(?) And is there any fixes/things I should try?

And if anyone asks, my graphics card is MSI Radeon R9 270x 4GB. ~2 years old.

Outcomes