1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 7:51 AM by john007

Crimson Issues

sailorx@paulbunyan.net

I had downloaded Crimson stable Dec 3 after installing my R9 380.  And it had Lock my fan in to just 20% just about overheating my new GPU.  I'm currently using cyst 15.7.1 and my card is stable.  I also used Space Engineer as a test and Crimson really made the game ugly on top of things. This Vs my current R9 380 and from R9 270x all running on my 7850k with 2133 8 gig ram stable as a rock. 

I have had Crimson working with my R9 270x and it worked fine.   Don't ask me the Version I cann't remember. 

R9 380 is now in my computer and running fine.  I think you have a major driver Issue when fresh install of driver just about killed my new GPU.  I hope you Fix this and install Majorly Glitched for the install should not take 20-30 mins just get the drivers on the Computer.

I also did try beta Crimson with my R9 380 and it still frozen fan speed.

• Re: Crimson Issues
          john007

Hello,

Maybe try using Afterburner and manually editing the fan speed settings?

If you experiencing any major issues with Crimson revert back to previous CCC drivers . I myself had major issues with power consumption with the Fury X and Crimson. I'm using 15.7.1 at the moment. Hope this helps.

Comment edited to preserve sanity.