3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 1:16 PM by noelc

Can Crimson Auto-Load a Saved Preset?

noelc

Since I've not gotten an answer to my other question on the subject, I can only assume it was too complicated for the people here.  I'll try to use small words...

With Crimson:

• Can I save a preset?

• Will the saved preset auto-load next time I log in to Windows?

I can do this with Catalyst, and I won't upgrade if I can't with Crimson.

-Noel

• Re: Can Crimson Auto-Load a Saved Preset?
          amdmatt

The preset feature has not been added to the Crimson UI yet, i would recommend you stick with Catalyst for now.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct and or helpful in order to assist others.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              noelc

Thank  you for trying to answer, but...  I don't think I can mark your response as an answer.

What's confusing the matter is that after the Crimson driver package installation others are posting images that show what looks like a somewhat reduced version of the old Catalyst Control Panel, and which is titled "Radeon Additional Settings".

I don't mean to be critical, but I've seen one that shows the ability to create and save a preset, though I've not confirmed whether such a preset will be auto-loaded at logon.

CrimsonRadeonAdditionalSettings.png

I don't give a rat's behind about whether a particular feature is included in the "new Crimson UI" or in a remnant panel called "Radeon Additional Settings", I just care about functionality.

-Noel

noelc

Hi amdmatt and others,

Just to follow up, detail that fully and directly answers the question can be found here, thanks to :

https://community.amd.com/thread/192336

Turns out that if you manually auto-start CCC.exe (e.g., by putting it into the Startup folder) that preset management can actually be accomplished with the software you get with Crimson, but I would have no need nor love for a dumbed-down interface with a hook to the remnant of the old interface, so I'm going to take amdmatt's advice and just stay on Catalyst 15.9.1 beta, which is perfectly stable.

-Noel