7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 8:15 PM by staticfx

Crossfire Carl 2.0

rob27shred

Description

My gaming & OCing rig till I save up enough for test bench based off a Z170 or X99 mobo. Figured I'd better update my Rig in the showcase since I switched mobos, I'm loving the Gaming 7 & G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200 so far.

CPU in new mobo.jpgGhetto test bench 2.jpgMy rig new mobo.jpgMy rig profile photo.jpg

Specifications

CPUIntel i7 6700K
      CoolerAsetek 550LC Performance Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm Push/Pull
      MotherboardGigabyte Z170X-Gaming7
      MemoryG. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200
      GraphicsXFX DD R9 390 8GB 1100/1600 - MSI Gaming OC R9 290X 4GB 1100/1600
      Disc Drive 1Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
      Disc Drive 2Sandisk X110 256GB SSD
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUSeasonic X series 1250w XM2
      CaseThermalTake Core V31
      Monitor
        • Re: Crossfire Carl 2.0
          cavemanthe0ne

Great rig- Loving the color scheme!

rob27shred

Thanks! I was afraid all the white on the Gaming 7 would look weird but it came out pretty nice. I really liked how it looked with the 4 sticks of Adata red & white RAM, but since XMP was being a pain with them on both of my mobos I went with my new kit of G.Skill Ripjaws V. Also the Adatas are 2800Mhz & the G. Skills are 3200Mhz. I'm planning on getting another 16GB kit of the G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 in red so that should balance it out when I do that though.

crazycarl

I love the name lol Great Rig

filinux

I said it before, but its a new version so Ill say it again, I love the name Crossfire Carl and the 2.0 actually made me chuckle.  We will all expect version & release number increases as upgrades/mods are added.  Speaking of upgrades any thoughts of adding a NVMe M2 since they are now a reality/available and that Z170x can fully utilize one at ridiculous speeds?

I think the white on the mobo makes everything look even more defined and way better then just black and red.  Not that I have anything against black & red as that is what I have in my PC and hope to finish when times are better.  I have it almost all but I have some Corsair RAM that is metallic blue that throws it all way off.  It is great RAM and I have no performance complaints (which is what matters most to me) but I didn't get to pick the color. 

Thanks for sharing the great pics of a outstanding PC. 

rob27shred

Thanks for the shout outs guys, the name just came to me when setting up my profile on Gtribe & I've stuck with it cause it is kinda funny . staticfx I will definitely check your pics out as I have been working up the courage to do some painting on my components. I would like to have a little more white in my case with the new mobo. Think it would break up the all to common red/black theme I got going a little bit.

filinux I would love to add a NVMe M2 SSD to the mix & have been checking them out since the prices are getting more reasonable. Waiting to see what my yearly bonus from what ends up being & I hopefully might get one then.