3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 4:22 AM by madmatt

Still broken compass in Fallout 4 after latest crimson beta

madmatt

Even though it is marked as solved in the release notes, the compass in fallout 4 is stil broken with my R9 280X. Is there any fricking release date for the fix? AMD is really getting on my nerves lately. First they mess up crimson fan control and my card went north of 90°c and then there are all kinds of bugs in most games with crimson. GTA V running like crap with crimson, Fallout 4 compass bugged, Batman Arkham Knight running like crap with new drivers, too. What is wrong with AMD? Those drivers where obviously not ready for release. The problem lies probalby in AMD´s financial difficulties. They fired people left and right to save money and now there is probably no one left for driver development and QA. Since I did not get any response regarding the broken fan control I guess there will be no response here either. Why do these fricking forums then exist if no one is taking note?

• Re: Still broken compass in Fallout 4 after latest crimson beta
          amdmatt

We're aware of the reports that the issue persists. We continue to work with the developer on the issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              madmatt

is there an estimate time for the fix to release? Weird thing is that the broken compass is gone when you sneak and only shows while standing up and moving. Maybe that helps. The problem with crimson is that almost all games I play run like garbage with the new driver. GTA V (stuttering mess, broken minimap), Batman AK (stuttering mess). They all have weird micro stutter whereas with the 15.11.1 CCC they run fine. Users on guru3d suggest that is has something to do with crimson "feature" to throttle the card and by that saving energy. It would probably be best to cancel that function again. Whats the purpose of a new driver if it runs like crap in modern games for most people?

madmatt

asked already and do it again since there was no answer and AMD is going silent on that topic. When is a fix coming for choppy performance in most modern games and visual glitches for the compass in fallout 4 and the minimap in gta 5? It can´t be hard to supply a fix if there is more than one person working on drivers. You guys know about that bug since release of crimson on the 24th of November. That is more than two weeks and by now just really embarrassing for a company that wants to stay relevant in the graphics market. I guess if AMD keeps working like that you guys can just shut down anyways since you are not competetive in the slightest if you need months for the easiest bugfixes. Really sorry state AMD is in right now.