AnsweredAssumed Answered

artifacts r9 270

Question asked by zoli9696 on Dec 1, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 by zoli9696

Ok. Got this problem with my MSI r9 270x gaming (2gb OC) card. In certain games i have artifacts, black shapes covering the screen. I simply close game, open up and its gone. Sometimes it happens 1-2 times a day, sometimes once in 2 weeks. Sent card back to the shop where i bought it and they sent it to testing. Nothing, they cant find the problem. Sent it back 2 weeks ago and again they couldnt find anything, so its on the way back to me. Starts to gets really annoying slowly. I checked lots of forums, tried different drivers, turned up cooling with MSI afterburner since many people say its caused by VRAM overheating. The games where it comes up is GTA V, where i could solve it by clocking down gpu and vram. Did not see it since that. The other game is Guild Wars 2. Here it happens as mentioned before, sometimes 1-2 times a day, sometimes not for weeks. I dont know what else i could do with the card, since they wont give me a new or let me trade it for a different one. Some people posted they added heatsinks on the vrams and cleaned off old cooling paste and added new, that solved problem. Dont know if i should do it, sounds bit risky. Anyway if anyone had same issue and found a solution or has any idea please let me know, Thanks in advance.

Outcomes