AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to display Custom Resolutions in Crimson?

Question asked by waltc on Dec 1, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 by gemini002@hotmail.com

I'm trying to give Crimson another chance with the 15.11.1 beta driver--I finally got the Custom Res utility to work for me, but this brings up another problem related to the Crimsons being devoid of any and all resolution switching function.

Once I create a custom resolution, how do I switch my Windows (10) resolution to the Custom Res?  I cannot use Crimson to display the (any) custom resolutions I have created, and there is no function in the "Additional Settings" [.Net] portion of Crimson that allows me to display or switch to them, either.  When I create them I have also found that after verification the new resolutions are not saved to the registry so that I could not even drop out of Crimson and go out to Windows' Display settings/Advanced Display Settings/Display Adapter Properties/List All Modes...and select them manually!  The only place the new resolutions are saved to is Crimson internally--but I cannot use Crimson to display those resolutions. I'm hoping I've missed something here and a kind soul will set on the right path and show me how to change & display resolutions from inside Crimson.

Ironically, if I install the Crimson 15.11.1b driver into the 15.11.1 Catalyst CC I can both create and display those custom resolutions! I'd like to be able to do all of the from within the Crimson interface, too!

Thanks in advance...

Outcomes