AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot Upgrade Graphics Driver.

Question asked by kmhrncir on Dec 1, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 by h3llr3is3r

Prior to updating my computer to Windows 10, I had two monitors connected and they both worked. I have tried several troubleshooting methods googled, nothing works.  I think it is my graphics driver at this point. But I cannot upgrade my driver, the main monitor screen goes black and stays until I hardboot the computer.

I have unplugged all devices and added them back one by one, I have done the “Detect” for the second monitor, and I have run the desk.cpl.

I have an HP Pavillion computer, only a couple of years old.

Using the device manager, my display adapter is showing:  Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

When I right click and upgrade driver, I get a black screen on my main monitor.

Device Manager only shows that I have one monitor connected also.

Under Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update – I get the following error:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 8570D - Error 0x800f0203

When I search for this driver, it tells me to down load the following File:               

I download this file: (this causes my main monitor to black screen and then I have to hardboot)

radeon-crimson-15.11-win10-64bit (2).exe

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/radeon-crimson-15.11-win10-64bit.exe

winver: Version 1511(OS Build 10586.14)

Outcomes