7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 5:11 AM by ocdhd

Custom Color Video removed in Radeon Crimson

spheta

At the moment I have no way of customizing my video settings in radeon crimson such as:

-Video Gamma

-Basic Video Color Settings(contrast/saturation)

-Dynamic Contrast

-Mosquito Noise Reduction

-Dynamic Range

The features have strangely been removed. I know a lot of people are having issues with this, are there any intentions to restore these options in the future?

Is there any word on this from AMD ?

The preset video profiles included in radeon settings are not ideal for me. I need to raise midtones without blowing out my shadows/black level, the contrast/gamma adjustment is ideal for this, not brightness

• Re: Custom Color Video removed in Radeon Crimson
          zerr10

I Have Same Problem i Post here whit this but i dont know why moderator remove me post. MISSING THIS OPTION :

1.jpg

BLAIND ???

I'll just say one thing if these options do not come back this is the last card that I bought from this company I'm sick of these surprises did not even deign to answer

amdmatt

Crimson does not contain all the functionality of the Catalyst drivers yet, but we are intending to move most of the features over in future Crimson drivers. If you require these features now, i would recommend rolling back to your preferred Catalyst driver.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                anarki

What is the easiest way to roll back from Crimson to the last Catalyst drivers? I tried this within the window device manager and nothing happened except for a few flicking screens. Thanks

waltc

(1)Uninstall the crimson drivers from Programs & Features, reboot as prompted

(2)install the Catalysts, reboot as prompted

--you're done.

**If you want the Crimson drivers, including the new custom resolution utility (minus the shader cache, which doesn't seem to be working, anyway), but you want the full function of the Catalysts, too, ...and you know how to do this...then:

(1) Uninstall the Crimson drivers from Programs & Features, reboot as prompted;

(2) Install the Catalyst driver of your choice (either the 15.11.1b Catalysts (if you still have them--AMD seems to have taken them down, last I looked, or the 15.7.1 Cats here ) & reboot as prompted...

(3) Open the device manager and use it to install the 15.11.1b Crimsons into the existing Catalyst CC installation...and voila! You are able to use the Crimson drivers with all of the functionality of the Catalysts (which Crimson lacks.)

Why AMD did not release the Crimson drivers with both the Crimson interface and the Catalyst interface (Letting the user choose) is completely baffling, considering they certainly knew well in advance that the Crimsons were a long way away from being ready for prime time....

waltc

Matt,

Please allow me to suggest that AMD state this information plainly and clearly on the Crimson download pages.  This is more of a very early beta driver as it lacks some of the Catalysts' most basic functions--like resolution control, for goodness' sake.  IMO, the Crimson download pages should carry this disclaimer as well as the Crimson drivers themselves be made available in a Catalyst CC package.  I know it works--you know it works--so what's the problem?  You could save the company a lot of criticism and egg-on-face by being as up-front as possible.  You may have no control over the people who do the AMD driver pages, but I'll bet you know some people who do...;)  See if you can convince them that being up-front and rational is in the company's best interests.  (Nobody is served by the pretense that Crimson is complete as it sits.)

Your comments represent the first comments I have seen from anyone @ AMD that have revealed that Crimson is acknowledged incomplete and will be fixed. I was really worried about the fact that AMD had said nothing about shipping a driver set that doesn't even support resolution switching.

amdmatt wrote:

Crimson does not contain all the functionality of the Catalyst drivers yet, but we are intending to move most of the features over in future Crimson drivers. If you require these features now, i would recommend rolling back to your preferred Catalyst driver.

ocdhd

Why release Drivers with Incomplete Functionality in the first Place? If they are BETA they should be labeled as such? There is no Color controls, absolutely nothing Useful is there. The CCC Panel itself does not scale to the fonts being used on the System. It attempts to use the fonts but it does not scale its windows to a size that would fit them.