4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 9:07 AM by dbase

Crimson beta driver notebook shutdown

dbase

I have a problem to report.

After installing Crimson driver and afterwards Crimson beta driver, my notebook has a problem. When I close my laptop and then open it, it should continue the work, but it's completely shutdown. I have tried to reinstall driverts but it hasn't helped me.

I am using HP Probook 470 G0 notebook, Windows 10 64bit, 8 GB RAM, i5, AMD Radeon 8750m HD, and Intel HD 4000 Graphics.

• Re: Crimson beta driver notebook shutdown
          kingfish

There is a setting for your laptop to start when the lid is opened. This is not a graphics card setting.

dbase

I never had that problem, but only with this Crimson driver update. It isn't normal. Cannot find the optin for my notebook lid. When I close it, my Windows 10 turns off and all my business are unsaved. And I'm not satisfied with Crimson update.

kingfish

You do realize that this only functions when your laptop is plugged in? There are also settings "what to do when I close the lid...which should be set to Sleep".

Your laptop has this setting somewhere...you just have to find it. This is from my Toshiba:

Screenshot_1.png

dbase

My problem isn't solved. I'm really disappointed with the new AMD driver. I am sure that Crimson software made the problem to my notebook with lid closing. lid closing.PNG

You can see that it is sleep when I close the lid, but in the fact, when I close it and open it, my laptop screen is black, the power button shines, but when I press it Windows is starting again without continueing the work. I never experienced this problem, but only after installing the Crimson driver. I request AMD support to fix this issue  as soon as possible. Dissatisfied user.