1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 1:46 AM by dinny

Can`t extend the display to my fourth monitor R9 390

basss

Hi,

I have 3 displays 5760 x 1200 and 1 40" TV 1920 x 1080 connected to my graphic card an SAPPHIRE R9 390 Nitro 8G really nice card by the way, My displays are connected as follows: 3x in the display port using a DVI to display port adapter, TV HDMI.

Whenever I try to extend my to my TV using the Radeon new software it throws me this intricate dialog box saying the following (To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled

Am ruining on windows 8.1 64bit

Please note I used to run all the above on 1 single AMD SAPPHIRE 7970 3G they were connected as follow 3x DVI 5760 x 1200, TV HDMI 1920 x 1080 and it was working fine. Now am having trouble connecting the same setup on the new card this is really frustrating please I really hope we can find an answer to this really troubling problem am used to work on the old setup.

Thank you.

• Re: Can`t extend the display to my fourth monitor R9 390
          dinny

I had the same problem with my R9 290

so i deïnstalled the crimson drivers, installed the catalyst drivers

find my 3 monitors + tv

order them in the correct order. and made a PRESET !

switched to eyefinity where i only use 3 monitors, and made also a PRESET

then i updated to the latest crimson software, and thanks to my presets, i can swith back and forth.

however whith the catalyst drivers, i could swith my monitorpresets by clicking on the CCC taskbar icon next to my clock

with these latest drivers there are no presets to choose grrrr...

( i have to enter the settings page, than go to preferences, and then go to more settings.  and then i can choose my presets  )

also in start, AMD, presets, the folder is empty, so no presets that i made are there

I hope in next update drivers i will be able to order my monitors when i'm not in Eyefinity, and that i can choose my monitor presets directly

by clicking the taskbar icon.