Sapphire Radeon R9 285 2 gb DUAL‑X OC

16GB(2x8GB) Viper III DDR3 1600MHz

Corsair HX750I 750W

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ mobo

AMD Radeon R7 Series 240GB

2 tb hdd internal 2tb external hdd 7200rpm

• Re: Zombie Hunter
          staticfx

Very Nice! I have always liked those cases...

arcticwind

I concur with staticfx !

You've chosen the right tools for the job!!

Hack, slash, chopping that meat... 

shaneherald

just a few questions for you....I am thinking about going from the fx 8350 I have to the fx 9590......have you ran a 8350 before you got that 9590? and if so have you seen a improvement over your overall fps in games and other system performances?....and is it worth the upgrade ....I run my 8350 @ 5 GHz.. would a 9590 at stock speeds slap a 8350 @ 5 GHz around in benchmarks?.. would it be snappier? ... and have you played around and tried overclocking that 9590?...any results?....and stock temps? and cooler your using?

jaynasty

Sorry I have only had a A8-8370k 3.0 quad core for the last few years in my old system so I cant say one way or the other on boost in fps. I'm using a  Cooler Master Seidon 120M cooler. My Temps have been around 30 °c stable on mobo  cpu is 34° to 37° as I'm writing this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    iwalkwithedead

If there was an change it would be 1fps or so because the 9590 is a binned 8350 so I would say no need to get the 9590 from your 8350. Lower TDP is always better anyways

Overclocking the 9590 is hard, again it's already factory overclocked to almost it's max point, it quite hard and you need even more cooling for motherboard VRM and it's just pointless, it would be better and easier to get a 8350 past 5.0ghz without going past 1.5volts.

He definitely would not want to try on that cooler, needs something much better.

I hope this helps

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        shaneherald

well I do got some wicked cooling...find my rig and check it out..lol...I have a custom corsair ....I have the h100i rad and pump connected to a h100i-gtx rad and I kept it seald..no res!  ....so I got 480 of rad space just on my cpu ....im at 5ghz ...and cool...1.548 volts though....ive just seen a lot of bench mark scores and it seems the 9590 is stronger in the rendering side of things so its pulling a little higher bench scores.... I would like to get my hands on one ...maybe if I can find one fore under 200 ill get it...

and why would a lower tdp matter? if my 8350 is at 5ghz would it not be pulling a higher tdp the what is statted in the specs?

ebonclaw

I agree with other posters- there's no point in upgrading from an 8350; it's not even really an upgrade.  I've heard over and over that 9590s are basically just highly binned 8350s.  Most of these chips appear to already be at their maximum performance levels, or close to it, and don't overclock much whereas most 8350s seem to have a fair degree of headroom and can overclock pretty closely to a 9590.  I myself have an 8370 running at 4.5 ghz on air cooling.  Overclock your 8350, save your $$$ for Arctic Islands or Zen so you can pull the trigger without hesitation when they launch, THAT should be a substantial performance boost.

shaneherald

I already run my 8350 at 5ghz.....

ebonclaw

Sounds like you got a real good one!  I can get 4.7 if I use a more aggressive load line calibration, but the thermals rise dramatically.  Still within safe ranges, but too great a temp difference for me to justify the marginally faster clock speed in my case.  If I don't use aggressive LLC settings, core #6 craps out on me at that speed.  4.5 gives me a good sized performance increase, with temps under 55 regardless of load, and plenty of stability while maintaining close to complete silence on air (I love my R4 case, it's so quiet!)

iwalkwithedead

I'm glad you found the place Jay!