AnsweredAssumed Answered

Resolution of primary monitor randomly switch to 640x480 on Windows 10 since Crimson drivers

Question asked by freddykrug on Nov 30, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 by warpfact0r10

I have a 3 1920x1080 monitor setup with a 390X, the side monitors running DVI and the primary monitor running DisplayPort to DVI with active adapter. I am running on windows 10 and the setup had been working normally for a long time.

Since I upgraded to Crimson Drivers, my primary monitor started randomly switching to a 640x480 resolution in windows. It doesn't happen all the time and when it does, it doesn't seem related to a specific action. It just suddenly switch out of nowhere for no reason and it stay stuck at that resolution. It is impossible to re-detect the monitors or to change the resolution since the drop down resolution menu become locked for that monitor. Rebooting or logging out/in seem to fix the issue temporarily.

The issue happening only since I upgraded to Crimson drivers and the behavior itself point toward a driver issue.

Does anyone else have this issue or any kind of fix for it? My experience with AMD keep getting worst with every iteration of their software. Some minor performance in game doesn't worth an unacceptable desktop experience with unstable drivers.

Outcomes