8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 10:27 PM by sirmatthewofhodge

When should we expect this "hotfix" for Crimson?

sirmatthewofhodge

AMD mentioned on twitter that it's aware of gpu fans being stuck at 20% with crimson on twitter, and that they are planning on releasing a hotfix today. Thankfully, I didn't have this issue. Supposedly some folk's gpus fried. I'm not convinced, I was under the impression amd gpus start throttling to protect themselves @ 95c and shut off shortly higher than 100c. Regardless, I'm hoping for a fix to the fallout 4 compass/gta v map issue. I'm also hoping the battlefront issues are resolved.

Can we expect a hotfix today, and when? Will it fix all aforementioned issues, or just the gpu killer bug?

Nvidia fanboys are having a field day with this, and I kind of want to hold on to my dignity as an amd fan.

They're putting out some really lovely fodder: SHOCKING interview with AMD about the Crimson drivers - YouTube

Let me know when I can remove my head from the sand.

with love,

Sir Matthew

• Re: When should we expect this "hotfix" for Crimson?
          dreddloch

Thanks for the video share, needed a good laugh.

Seems the link to the drivers now matches the drivers themselves

qwixt

I wouldn't expect other fixes included. This is probably a one off on the latest driver patch, but you never know.

I tried the crimson drivers for a day, but un-installed when the entire computer (Win 10) locked up while browsing netflix movies in chrome.

sirmatthewofhodge

I pulled my recent post, It does look like Matt did post something regarding this update. The download page just doesn't mention anything. Looks like the Battlefront issue is fixed with the new beta.

I think the compass issue on Fallout 4 is still there on 290-295x, but fixed for the new 390's.

waltc

Hilarious video...;)  Really funny...The maker could have substituted nVidia in there and it would have been equally funny, though.  I love this kind of humor!

I still cannot quite get over the fact that in Crimson I now have to depend on a 3rd-party application to be able to change the screen resolution at which my AMD GPU opens a screen in Windows--cannot do it from inside the AMD drivers anymore!  First time I've ever had to do that with an AMD/ATi product--it's pretty much unheard of anywhere else.  Still sitting here running the 15.11.1 Catalyst betas which for some unholy reason AMD has removed from their web site as of this morning...!  Instead, it's the Crimson Hotfix driver they are calling 15.11.1 beta...and even though it works fine with the Catalyst CCC they don't want anyone to realize it--so that driver is gone forever, apparently. What's really, really remarkable about all of this is that AMD apparently thinks that if they don't say anything--nobody will notice it's gone!  OMG...;)  That's what makes the video so funny--it seems so apt, atm.

I keep hoping sanity will reassert itself soon...wow, this is really incredible.  Witnessing 3d-card history here, folks.  I just wish it was for something really positive, instead.

qwixt

Not sure if it was mentioned, but clicking the "Latest Windows Beta Driver" link will take you to the download page now with the latest beta driver released today. They are calling it the crimson 15.11.1 beta, and it is quite a bit larger than the driver released on Nov 23rd. They also have this list of fixes:

Resolved Issues with AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

• [82050] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
                  • [82240] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
                  • [82645] Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
                  • [82667] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
                  • [81890] Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
                  • [54874] Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
                  • [82338] The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
                  • [82426] The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
                  • [82438] The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
                  • [82536] The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
                  • [82603] The AMD Overdrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
                  • [82586] Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
                  • [82656] Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
                  • [82671] Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
                  • [82766] Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
                  • [82691] AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations

I doubt all those fixes were from the 23rd to 30th. I think that's the patch list from the 23rd.

noelc

qwixt wrote:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but clicking the "Latest Windows Beta Driver" link will take you to the download page now with the latest beta driver released today. They are calling it the crimson 15.11.1 beta, and it is quite a bit larger than the driver released on Nov 23rd.

What's at the link you posted actually seems to take you to the old Catalyst 15.11.1 beta driver.

But I agree, there is a new November 30 Crimson 15.11.1 beta that can be found by starting with the Latest AMD Drivers and Software page, and yes, it's a huge download.

Who thinks numbering a Catalyst beta 15.11.1, then replacing it with a Crimson beta 15.11.1 is a good idea?

-Noel

sirmatthewofhodge

Who knows..

I'm glad the Ice cave glitch on Battlefront is fixed, but otherwise there's more texture corruption in the loading screens. I'm going to report it on the official report link in radeon settings. Fallout 4 still has the compass glitch (on my 290x) so I'm sure the gta 5 map glitch is still kicking.

They did respond fast with a fix, but I would have waited for something more thorough. I feel bad for anyone that had issues with the gpu fan getting stuck.