4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 3:28 AM by paul157

display resolution not available

paul157

hello guys. i need help.

short: i am using a ati radeon mobility hd 4300 (4330). I installed the driver version 15.200.1062.1002 ! (in expresion below why) release date: 15.07.2015 wich is supposed to work on my computer. But it doesent. At least not how it should! i have an 17.3'' Computer with 1600 x 900 @ 60Hz pixel (according to cx700 specifications (i thought 1200x800 was what i used but maybe i was wrong...). But with this driver i can only choose between 800x600, 1024x768 and 1152x864.

well, the resolution is not that different, and i can read everithing, yet every thing in my computer looks pretty strange and is exausting to read (e.g. news, longer articels, etc.)

so how can i adjust my resolution to my computer???

specifications:

Windows 10 64-Bit

MSI A7005 Notebook (apparently the same as MSI CX700)
      Bios version 10.x...

if any otheres needed i am very welcoming to upload them.

So why did i do that?

My computer was windows 7 32-Bit before, but as new windows came out i wanted to installed it. It had some troubles, but i heared having troubles updating windows is pretty normal. After some tries it worked (media creation tool). I am afraid my old windows version won't be supported soon. so i updated to windows 10 32 bit, as usual, as my driver, but with windows 10 my amd graphics driver always crashed down (i didnt even play games, sometimes all by it self.) (mostly using "yousician" a guitar lern application).

As i googled further i found out that driver version 15.1 (actually 15.200.1062.1002) would work on win 10 64 bit version. so as my computer is able to use 64 bit, i used that (as it can use 1 gb more ram, good anyway.) so now my computer is on win 10 64 bit. but the old still didnt work so u updated to that version 15.1 and it somehow works (at least it didnt crash down yet, but my resolution settings are strange now. everything appears a little screched.

so how can i make my computer work but have a resolution that fits my display? id be so happy if my computer would simply work under windows 10, it seems like i am just a few pixels apart

thankyou, paul

• Re: display resolution not available
          amdmatt

The graphics driver you are using is not compatible with your graphics card, please uninstall it.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct or helpful in order to assist others.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: display resolution not available
              paul157

ok, just for the record my graphiccard in not windows 10 compatible, right?

that is from the downloadcenter page:

Driver support for these products under Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update to allow it to automatically detect and install display driver version 8.970.100.9001

so i am confused now, is the driver available now or isnt it? was there a change? because that sounds like windows 10 would be working with this driver? is it.
              in my attempt 3 month ago i also had that driver, and i tried to use others as this driver always crashed. Is there a change now?

also the windows updatescreen tells me that my printer and other divices (guess that includes my graphiccard) are compatible to win 10.

So is it or not? was there a change should i try the update again or ist that just again waisted hours?
              Thankyou, Paul.

And thankyou for the answer!