I have the following problem:
after installation of the Crimson driver on my MSI HD7870 Twin Frozr I played some hours of World of Tanks.
Suddenly the screen freeze (a red-brown screen). After forced reboot I only see the animated Windows symbol without any sound and the screen beomes black and afterwards black-blue.
I tried the following without success:
1. connection via HDMI instead of DVI
2. deinstallation of the driver in normal mode (used my intel IGP for getting into Windows), in safe mode and with DDU
3. reinstallation off 15.7 und 15.9 und Crimson in normal mode and in safe mode.
beside this i have the following remarks:
1. GPU fans are running, windows found the GPU and named it correctly
2. my old HD 6950 is working (with 15.7), so PCI-E should be ok
3. after installation of 15.4 the GPU shows the logon screen, but with error (see pic) and after logon the screen becomes black-blue.
4. the GPU wasn´t overcloked
System: i5-2500k, Asrock Z38 Pro3, Crucial MX100 512GB, 16GB DDR3-1333, 520W Antec HCG, Win7 HP 64bit
It seems to be a bug in the Crimson driver which leads to overheating and damage to the GPU. See examples in the communities.
I am sad AMD, this shouldn´t not be happen and I hope you can and will find a solution for this problem.