6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 1:34 PM by noelc

Where did my custom display profile shortcuts go after Crimson install?

konkabass

I had 2 specific profiles I switched between many times daily. One is a profile that has my two desktop monitors active.
      The other is a profile that switches to my TV so I can watch movies on the big screen

I don't need my TV to always have a desktop piped to it since it's off unless I'm watching media. Other wise you get annoying instances were windows appear off screen and it's a pain to wrangle them back to your screen.

With CCC, there were shortcuts I had placed in my start menu that WERE SUPER  HANDY for quick switching between these configurations.  With the shortcuts it was one click to switch things up. Now after installing Crimson, those shortcuts disappeared and I've dug through every AMD program folder I could in search of the profiles (which if memory serves right were in Program Files>AMD>CCC and then the shortcuts where in there somewhere)

AMD, Did you actually get rid of profile shortcuts and bury the custom profile configurations in "additional settings"?
      Someone please tell me I'm missing something and I'm an idiot.
      If they did, that's honestly like keeping the keys to your Ferrari in the crawlspace under your house. Why AMD, why?

They should re instate the shortcuts? or add them to context menu of the system tray icon? (they have graphics and video profiles, why not add "Display Profiles") . Do something, just make them easier/faster to access?
      I can't be the only one that feels the same.

• Re: Where did my custom display profile shortcuts go after Crimson install?
          noelc

You're not alone in using presets.

I use the auto-load of a saved profile to calibrate my multiple monitors at Catalyst startup (i.e., just after logon).

Please tell me ATI hasn't eliminated the capability to auto-load a preset configuration at startup.  That would be a ridiculous reduction in functionality to do what - dumb the control panel down for Windows 10 users?

Unfortunately I can't find any documentation describing whether color settings are even possible with the new Crimson release.

IF COLOR SETTINGS / PRESET FUNCTIONALITY HAS TRULY BEEN REMOVED, since the beta drivers have been coming out with the old Catalyst Control Center, is there a possibility we could ALSO have the old UI as an option?  I personally have no need for something simpler or faster (CCC e.g., in 15.9.1 comes up plenty quickly for me when I infrequently need it).  Functionality matters more than brushed metal.

-Noel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            zerr10

I have a similar problem Where are options Custom Video Brightness, Saturation, Contrast and Hue, and Gamma Correction Video simply were gone 1.jpgthese options

stubbsmcgee

I used the quick tray icon for doing the same thing. I switch daily between my monitor and my projector and now it's a huge pain. I was so excited when I first got my radeon and realized it was that easy to do the switch. I don't understand why they would take away such a useful feature. I'm pretty positive there are a lot of people out there running multi-monitor setups. I really hope they fix this and soon. In the mean time I think I'm going to revert back to the old drivers if I can get rid of crimson.

konkabass

Glad I'm not the only one.

Granted the new auto game profiles are great in Crimson, but display profile shortcuts are way more used by me. I'm going go back to Catalyst Control Center until they bring them back.

dt126

Having the same issue on the profiles, I turn off my L and R portrait monitors for games (and just have my 34", 1440P, Freesync monitor on) and then flip right back to all displays.

I'm not having the same luck with you on the auto game profiles. It picked up the two custom game profiles I already had set up but didn't find anything else. There is a scan button, but when I click it, nothing happens.

noelc

FYI, another user ( in this thread) has mentioned that the CCC.exe program, included with Crimson but apparently not auto-started by the installer, can be manually made to start up at logon and thus used to manage profiles.  He does report that there is a coordination failure with the use of system Standby power states though.

Whether AMD is phasing the functionality in CCC out entirely, or has just not been able to complete the re-implementation in the new UI and is going to finish it in another release one day isn't clear, but this could possibly be a workaround to accomplish the preset management being requested here.  I'm not able to report on the actual capability of the Crimson CCC.exe to manage presets, because I'm staying on Catalyst 15.9.1 myself.

-Noel