1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 5:52 AM by conanfg

Crimson Install Package Failure.

dman861@gmail.com

I am unable to install the Crimson software package. Even when I uncheck every box to install only AMD Install Manager it gives me the message "Application Install: install package failure!". There are no error codes, no other details in the log, just "Application Install: install package failure!". I've tried uninstalling all previous AMD software and drivers, made sure my Asus R9 280x card is physically inserted all the way into motherboard and rechecked all power connections to it, disabling Windows Defender, ran registry cleaner with CCleaner, installing in compatibility mode, changing attributes of all .msi and .exe files in C:\AMD. Nothing works. Graphics drivers are updated to Crimson drivers as I ran AutoDetectUtility.exe but Crimson Software will not install. What in the world am I doing wrong?

• Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • 8gb DDR3 Ram
      • Asus R9 280x 3gb DirectCU II

amd installer 1.jpgamd installer 2.jpg

amd installer 3.jpg

amd installer 4.png

• Re: Crimson Install Package Failure.
          conanfg

I did encounter the same problem and found a way out

I think just repairing c++2013 should work (both x86,64)(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40784) 

If not follow the steps

Disable avast

1: Uninstall AMD control center by any means.(Run cc-leaner)

2: Re-run the crimson installer in C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.11-Win10-64Bit

3: When package failure Error popups up press ok and continue installation (i did not try with unchecking AMD settings)(don't restart after installation).

4: Now navigate to C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.11-Win10-64Bit\Packages\Apps\CN\CNext\cnext64 select ccc-next64.msi Properties->security->select system->ok install it.

Do the same for C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.11-Win10-64Bit\Packages\Apps\CN\CNext\cnext ccc-next.msi.

5: Now restart you should get error automatically or when you run crimson center.(msvcp120.dll error)

6: Download install/repair (i repaired) C++ 2013(both x86,64)(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40784)

Done

1 of 2 people found this helpful