0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 10:57 AM by checkraise

Sapphire HD 7870 series - Black screen during login windows 8.1

checkraise

Hi all ,

Last Tuesday i was playing and suddenly my screen crashed (black screen and vertical lines). I tried to reboot but the screen stayed black after windows charging symbol (before login)

I tried multiple things :

- Tried the card on another computer, it did'nt work

- Tried to put another card (another AMD card) with crimson edition drivers on it on my computer, it worked.

- Tried to uninstall everything related to AMD (even did an entire reset of my computer and reinstall my system) it still doesn't work when I reinstall drivers (even older ones)

Right now, my card is working (I am using my computer right now, with my AMD HD 7870) but i didn't install any drivers (I used DDU to clear everything).

THE MAIN ISSUE IS :

My graphic card is working (Im using it right now) without any drivers from AMD (it says it's using drivers from 2006) and if I try to install ANY DRIVERS from AMD (even older ones from last year etc) it will crash when I reboot or when installing drivers.

I know for a fact that crimson edition drivers are working on other graphic cards, but it seems the 7870 series are bugging hard since the patch.

If someone has a solution, I've seen other people (with the same card as i have) who have the same problem since the beginning of the week, see posts here : AMD Radeon HD 7870 Sapphire - Black screen after booting | TechPowerUp Forums

It seems new patch did cause it because several people having the same issue during lauch of this new patch is not a coincidence...So if it is a hardware issue I will move without any hesitation to Nvidia, cause this new patch would have destroyed our graphic cards.

Thanks for the help anyway, if anyone has a solution...

See you  !