Hi,

System

FX 8350

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z

Asus r9 270X (x2) crossfire

RAM 16 GB @ 1866

Windows 10 64 bit

Issues

I just installed the latest drivers from AMD website and crossfire works fine but not on all games. For some reason every time I check  the box "Enable AMD Crossfire for DirectX 9/10/11 that have no associated application profile" the box doesn't stay checked. Because of this I cant run games on AFR at all. Games like Rust and such that don't have an AMD profile wont run on crossfire. Other issue is with planetside 2, games crashes on loading screen if crossfire is enabled. I did notice others are having the same issue with directX 9 games like starcraft 2 and diablo 3.

I used DDU in safe mode to clean all the previous driver files before installing the latest one. Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks.

• Re: new crimson driver issues
          amdmatt

Please leave global settings at default. Add the game executable file (i used Fifa 16 in my examples below) to Radeon Settings.

1.jpg

Please make sure CrossFire mode is set to AFR Friendly. By default it will be set to disabled.

2.jpg

Please launch the game using Radeon Settings.

3.jpg

You can report the issue with Planetside 2 here.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful in order to assist others.

• Re: new crimson driver issues
              seifer

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. I already try this. With planetside 2 I cant launch the game from radeon settings for some reason. I tried AFR profile on planetside 2 and also the AMD profile for the game since it has one but still crashes on launch. I went a step further and installed smite and it does the same thing.It doesn't matter what settings I use while crossfire is enable both games crashes on launch. I uninstalled the drivers, used ddu in safe mode and installed the crimson drivers again but still the same issue with both games. Funny thing is that only happens with directx 9 games. Battlefield 4, hardline, titanfall and others games work just fine with crossfire. I already reported the issue to amd. Once again thanks for your help Matt.