AnsweredAssumed Answered

Video capture not activating in many games

Question asked by muncho4 on Nov 27, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 by setari

Hi, I just switched from an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 GPU to a Sapphire 390. I was really impressed with NVIDIA's "Shadowplay" and when I switched to AMD I was hoping that Gaming Evolved could give me similar options. Sadly, I can't seem to get it to work for many games. So far I've gotten it to work in Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Age of Empires III, but I can't seem to get it to work for Battlefield 4. Also, I can't seem to get it to work for CS:GO anymore, nor can I even open up the in game raptr menu in that game. However, everything works fine in AoE III, even without a computer restart. I've frequently but not consistently gotten an error reading something along the lines of "Error 22: The Game DVR service experienced an unexpected error" or something very similar to that--I am sure it was error 22.

I set the "activate video capture" button in Plays.tv to "F12," but honestly I'd like it to always just activate itself, if that's possible.

If you want me to try some other games I would be willing. I can try Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Civilizations 4 and 5...and maybe some other games if you request them specifically, I don't know.

Also, a side issue--ever since I bought my new gpu, I've been getting really bad cpu spikes, especially in BF4 (I enabled an in game graph which shows cpu and gpu performance, "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1". My processor is an Intel 3470. If you have any quick solutions to that as well I would be super greatful--or just a confirmation that I need to upgrade would be appreciated. My temps by the way cap off at 70 C.

edit: I've gotten it to work consistently if I activate it in AoE III and then go directly into BF4. I'm going to see what I can do to get it to work right away without having to open AoE.

edit2: It works now. Here's the whole solution in summary:

*Disabled origin in game (not sure if this was actually the problem, but I figured it could have been, and it wouldn't hurt because I never use it).

*Video capture is apparently universal between games, but it's frisky about activating in some games. Activating it in a not-so-demanding game gives you better chances. I activated video capture in Age of Empires III.

*Now, the video capture thing appears and "turns on" when I open battlefield 4.

I can manually record and capture highlights now with minimal frame hits.

Outcomes