3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2015 2:09 PM by Earnhardt

No POST beep/Display on monitor. CPU's fault?

night

I replaced the PSU and the Motherboard, and breadboarded everything. I even tried plugging in the latest BIOS. It says no signal on the monitor and no POST beep. Only thing left to replace is the CPU, or is there something I am missing? Thanks. 

My components:

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad-Core 3.7 GHz Socket FM2+ 95W AD860KXBJABOX

Motherboard: MSI A88XM-E45 V2 FM2+ AMD A88X 8 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX

Hard disk drive: Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD20EFRX 2TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1 750W Modular Power Supply 110-B1-0750-VR

Casing: NZXT Source 210 S210-001

SSD: Crucial BX100 120GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT120BX100SSD1(not installed yet)

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC312800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9S-8GXM

and a MSI graphics card.

Also when I first turned on my computer, all the lights in my house went dim for a second.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: No POST beep/Display on monitor. CPU's fault?
          ray_m

This comment bothers me:

Also when I first turned on my computer, all the lights in my house went dim for a second.

Looks like a power related issue.

• Re: No POST beep/Display on monitor. CPU's fault?
            techguy

NOTE: Your room lights should NOT dim when turning on your PC unless the circuit is heavily loaded or there is some other electrical issue.

All CPUs are extensively tested prior to boxing so unless there is physical damage to the CPU when removed from the box, chances are the CPU is fine and there is something else wrong.

I don't see any video card listed in the above hardware. The Athlon X4 860K is a CPU and does not have internal graphics so you will need to install a graphics card.

If you have a graphics card installed, then I'd install just one DIMM in the preferred slot per your mobo assembly manual. I'd carefully remove the CPU and check for bent pins. If all is OK then re-install making sure to align the CPU in the socket with the alignment mark on the corner of the socket. Carefully remove all power and video connection cables and re-install carefully to be sure they are fully seated, then boot again.