nec_v20

Not a happy camper

Discussion created by nec_v20 on Nov 27, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 by koslowski

I searched for updates for my graphics card (Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X OC) as I normally do and saw that there was one available.

Stupidly I downloaded and installed it.

It took me many hours (over many days) to configure my monitor (ASUS PB287Q) just right.

Now after installing this update, my monitor looks dreadful.

I feel jerked around because I should have been made aware of the fact that this was not just another update (which would retain my settings) but rather a completely new application which would decide what settings I would like.

Well the fact of the matter is that I don't - at all.

I now have to go through the whole process of getting my monitor just right all over again.

I am incredibly angry. The thing is that I am autistic (Asperger's) and perhaps normals would not be as enraged as I when their painstakingly configured monitor now looks completely wrong in every respect.

The colours, brightness, contrast, and gamma are totally screwed up from my perspective. The screen fonts look subtly wrong as well which is particularly annoying because I do a lot of reading and writing on my computer.

I am angered to the point that I am beyond cursing. It is lucky that nobody responsible for this is within my physical reach.

Outcomes