3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 11:37 AM by wstr

Major frame rate issues with 15.3 and AMD Crimson in Fallout 4.

jberry0410

So been playing fallout 4 on Ultra with God rays at high and shadow distance at medium. 1080P resolution and been maintaining 50-60fps steady with 15.11 drivers. However today I downloaded the newest Crimson drivers that were listed at 15.30 and now I am having major FPS deviation in all locations, but most notable is indoor locations.

It is not uncommon to go anywhere from 20-60fps and everywhere in between. This was not an issue with 15.11 and having reverted back to them I seem to be doing fine, is anyone else experiencing this issue with the new drivers and Fallout 4?

i5-2500K@4.5

R9 380

16gb DDR3

Asrock z77 extreme 6

620W Bronze 80 rated PSU.

• Re: Major frame rate issues with 15.3 and AMD Crimson in Fallout 4.
          wstr

Yess, i have the exact same problem. Fps drops/fluctuations are visible especially in indoor areas. The fluctuations are huge and annoying as hell.

I tried everything from changing all Crimson setting to turning Fallout 4 v-sync off to doing a complete DDU uninstall and reinstall of Crimson drivers but

nothing helped. Turning v-sync off didn't help at all.

I've noticed my GPU isn't running at max clocks when playing Fallout 4. The GPU's core and mem clocks fluctuate wildly.

I reverted back to 15.11.1 and it's working fine now.

I was so happy for Crimson drivers (GTA V runs better than ever with Crimson) but this bug is too much because i play F4 a lot so i had to revert

to 15.11.1.

My system is:

I7 2600k

MSI R9 390 8Gb

8Gb DDR3 RAM, 1600Mhz

Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3

750W OCZ Fatal1ty PSU

john007

Hello,

If I could offer any advice it would be to revert back to previous drivers as Crimson isn't too stable right now I'm afraid. I myself had to revert back to 15.7.1 major power consumption issues with the Fury X being capped to 600mhz core. I hope this helps.

wstr

Use ClockBlocker. It's a program that some dude made and it fixes these downclocking problems with Crimson until AMD release fixed drivers. Most ppl use it i think because it works great. I use it and have no problems with Crimson.