7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 7:22 AM by bluesadam

FRTC Option Does Not Work in Radeon Crimson Drivers

bluesadam

So, I have upgraded to the latest drivers with Radeon Settings. However, whether Directx 9 or Directx 11, FRTC feature does not limit fps. Tried on DayZ Standalone, CS:GO and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt so far and none of them work. There is also a reddit post concerning the same problem and if you want to check, you can reach it from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3ubcow/is_frtc_frame_rate_target_control_on_crimson_not/

CPU: AMD FX6350 3900mhz

GPU: ASUS R9 270 DirectCU II

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990xa UD-3 rev 3.0 with latest bios

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz DDR3

• Re: FRTC Option Does Not Work in Radeon Crimson Drivers
          jlnilsson@gmail.com

Have the same issue but its working in witcher 3 for me but not other games like fallout 4. I got a Fury X and it was working before i upgraded so i guess im downgrading till they fix this in a few months given amd normal speed

amdmatt

Are you applying the setting globally or creating an individual profile for each of the mentioned games? I recommend trying one then the other to see if either works. Please remember that FRTC will only work if you run the games in exclusive fullscreen mode.

If the issue persists, please report it here.

Was my post helpful? If it was, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful in order to assist others.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                shankly1985

If you find a profile isn't working, try adding the profile manually. I had this with profiles that AMD auto find. Because my games are installed on different drives the profile is looking for the wrong .exe

Adding the profile you then force the profile install location. You can see if a profile is linked correctly by going into the profile properties.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  jlnilsson@gmail.com

Well it seems that games that I dont own through steam like witcher 3, dragon age inqusition works but games that are like saints row 4 and fallout 4 wont. And removing the profile and adding it again giving me the correct search path makes it locked to 55 instead...This is very annoying. The global setting dosent effect anything at all. EDIT: Apprently im an idiot. Global works if you disable the one for the game. Ill just be over here in the corner of shame for a bit...

EDIT 2: For fallout 4 to work the profile need to be linked to the launcher not the game itself.

bluesadam

Hi, I have already submitted a ticket via Radeon Settings UI. I always run games in fullscreen mode. Tried in five different games now and none of them work. I only tried per game profiles but I will try global as well. Thanks a lot for your answer.

Edit: Removing the profiles and adding them manually worked. However, if a game has launcher, be sure to add the launcher instead of the game's .exe file. For example, in Borderlands 2, if I choose the launcher's .exe, profile works correctly. Thanks amdmatt.

adrenalinemech

LOL.. none of the global or custom settings work in anything BUT FULLSCREEN. If you are running the games in a window when you are applying the changes in the crimson software you are not going to see any changes at all. Trust me, I spent one whole day playing with BF4 and Eve Online before I realized the changes wont take affect in windowed mode or borderless.