AnsweredAssumed Answered

Updated driver for HD7870, after the reset there's no video on boot

Question asked by shanibern on Nov 26, 2015

Hi all,

yesterday i've updates the driver for my GPU to the latest version (crimson, I believe) and rebooted the PC.

now when the PC boots, it beeps twice and repeats it once, which according to my motherboards manufacturer means that "Video error (no add-in graphics card installed)", and then it continues to boot normally (i can hear windows loading) but there is no video output...i can't even see the BIOS screen, nothing.

i've tried resetting my GPU, the RAMs, tried disconnecting the GPU completely and the HDDs completely, tried resetting the BIOS (with the jumper).

nothing worked.

my rig:

CPU: Intel i5 2550k

CPU cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13

Motherboard: Intel Z77SL-50K

Memory: 16 GB (2x8) G. Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB

PSU: Cougar RS550

Thanks, Shani.

Update:

i've replaced the HD7870 with and old Geforce 8800GT and it booted and worked fine, so i reseted the BIOS once again, deleted all of the AMD software and drivers with the AMD cleaning tool.

i returned the HD7870 to the PC and now while booting the beeps are gone, but the HD7870 is still not recognized in the BIOS and still no video output.

tried putting the HD7870 on a different computer, installed the previous drivers (not the crimson) and it works just fine.

again, I tried putting the HD7870 back in my PC but that still doesnt work..

Outcomes