- Be Quiet! Silent Base 600 Case
- MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard
- 16GB GSkill DDR3
- 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
- WD Blue 1TB HDD
- Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 380 4GB
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
- EVGA Supernova 850 Gold PSU
- Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm Case Fan for front panel
- Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler
- Generic DVD burner - scavenged from an old pc
My first ever build. Wish I'd known what I was doing, because I could have gone with a cheaper, locked mobo, since the cpu is locked, and a smaller psu, giving me more to spend on the Graphics Card.
All that said, the motherboard has some nice features, great support and software to go with it.
I got a sale price, and a rebate on the PSU, so it ended up costing the same as a 650 Gold I was looking at.
Runs very well, and super quiet, even with all fans and cooler on high.
Dark Rock TF took my cpu temps down between 10-20 degrees while gaming once the thermal paste had cured completely.
Plays basically every game I've tried at 1080p (which is as high as my monitor will go).
Mainly into racing games. I also like to play GTA, but I pretty much only steal cars and run from police, as I can't stand all the shooting people stuff.
Plan on adding some LEDs at some point, but I've kind of gotten side tracked rehabbing an old pc so my mom and dad can browse the web on their big screen tv.