17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 12:45 PM by shaneherald

my amd machine!

shaneherald

15 - 3.jpg

this is one badddd pc set up!!

so this is:

case: corsair carbide air 540

MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z: overclocks are: FSB-250MHz, NB-2500MHz, HT-3000MHz

CPU: FX 8350 @ 5ghz multiplier is 20

Ram: Gskill ripjaws x 1866 8 gigs and PNY 1866 16 gig kit and they mixed wonderfully and overclocked to 2000 MHz with a timing of 9-10-9-28-38--cr1

GPU: XFX R9 390 x2 in crossfire

PSU: Rossewill Photon 1200w psu (don't let the reviews scare you! I have a power hungry machine here and it does just fine and has went above my expectations!)

SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250 gig

HHD: to many to list ...5 drives over 3.5 tb of space.. yes some are 250's biggest 1.5 tb .. I say use um if you got um...lol..

cooler: well this is a story in its own..lol...but what I have cooling my cpu is a custom All in Two

and what I mean by that is ...I took a corsair h100i and a h100i gtx and spliced in the radiator from the gtx ...long story!..lol

I use the h100i pump with the h100i rad. and the h100i-gtx rad in a sealed loop. I also lapped my cpu and water block!

2015-11-08(4).jpg

this wuz a big nightmare getting it to fill and work while keeping it sealed ...I used what I had.   my temps are wicked cool

2 hours stress test in Aida64 Extreme...look at this ....I wuz like WOW!!

unreal temps.JPG

I added it but I don't know if you can click this to see a bigger version of it or blow it up to read the temps.

so, after 2 full hours my motherboard temp wuz 33c, CPU Socket wuz 52c, and all core temps in cpu where 45c ..

in this pic my overclocks are not the same as they are now...after getting everything back together I wuz able to achieve new overclocks as mentioned above.

and the rest of my set up I still get same temps though...and my idle temps...you ready for this..lol...my idle temps are 17c to 24c..my ambient temps are 20c to 22c... for reals....

15 - 4.jpg

that's a 55" Vizio smart tv anf two 24" Viewsonics .....people give my flack about using a 55" and sitting so close ...

well it does not hurt my eyes. it looks absolutely beautiful, the screen real estate is absolutely awesome, and while playing games it can get immersive as it can get...

its awesome!!! and my old eyes can see things on the screen and I'm not leaning in to see the fine print on things...lol...I love it.....and a couple more pics to show this off

15 - 2.jpg

15 - 1.jpg

2015-11-08.jpg

filling the loop for the first time....I've since then shortened the hoses to make things look better...

I used a syringe to bleed air from the system in order to keep this a closed loop that is the intake line for the pump and yes this fill hose has to stay connected and plugged ....I don't mind...

P_20151026_160627.jpg

this wuz before the gtx pump wuz found to be leaking on the inside ...yes it died.....so I shorted the hoses for better looks and put the h100i pump/block in and yes I used a brass plug and got rid of the bolt..lol..

I love my AMD! machine.....ive built with AMD parts since the k7 400mhz days .....I wont switch to Intel mainly because I'm a gamer and I don't need intels overly priced stuff

and lest face it I'm not trying to build a heater or a hot box...lol...and truth be told....I game.. and AMD does gaming very very well...I get awesome performance out of this machine..in fact I beat most my overclocking friends in benchmarks a lot ....lol...my AMD using friends...lol...I cant wait for zen to come out.....ill go broke and not eating for a week just to build a zen build..lol..

one more pic to show gpu and cpu performance using Aida64 Extreme gpu test...

gpu-cpu-test.JPG

thanks for checking it out.....

its finished for now ...but soon I will start a mad max mod on my machine here....

I am already calling it Magnum Opus....

15 - 11.jpg

Message was edited by: Shane Herald just added a better finished picture ....

edited to add new psu!! 12-3-2015

edit 12-8-2015...

Added the Thermaltake Riing 12 high static pressure radiator fans to the front of my case....

now I have to say these fans are awesome .....there really quiet compared to the stock corsair fans and that old rocketfish fan....my pc is now at a whisper sound instead of that

airplane jet engine blowing sound...lmao...(wuz not that bad) lol...

but I love these fans id recommend them to everyone who wants decent cooling at a low noise level on your rads! ....I got more coming ..

2015-12-08.jpg

2015-12-08(7).jpg

these lights are not this bright in person....not this bright at all...lmao..

2015-12-08(6).jpg2015-12-08(8).jpg

Mounting the control box ..which I love for these fans...... wuz a no brainer to me ...since I had a hole cut in the back of my case from where I ran dual psu's

I will drill a hole in the top and bottom of the control box and with a washer and Fan SCREWS I will screw it in the back so that I can still control my fans with out opening up the case every time I want to change colors or fan speeds.....

2015-12-08(12).jpg2015-12-08(13).jpg

2015-12-08(11).jpg

thanks for looking ......

• Re: my amd machine!
          dacdnguy

Wow -- totally I awe of your build.  Amazing work.  How do you like the 55" primary monitor in close quarters, I.e. Sitting at a desk?

shaneherald

I love it....when gaming I have to turn my head and move around a bit to see everything .....its a lot different then playing on these 24" monitors....and I also kick back in my chair to play games....its not like my face is 2 feet from the screen..lol....I sit about 3 to 4 feet away when on the web and doing other things my keyboard drawer slides out a lot more then in the pic ....I kick back to almost 5 or 6 feet when playing games ...I use my xbox 360 controller for most games.... its seems more immersive to me ..because I am turning my head to see parts of the screen.....you cant just move your eyes around when playing. lol...that gets really annoying ...I don't think I could go back to a smaller monitor for gaming...I think it would drive me nuts....lol

dacdnguy

You have me suddenly pondering the idea of pulling the TV from the basement up to the office as I cant recall the last time It was used for anything other then XBOX or PS.  Hummm .....  always worth a test.  I may need to cross my fingers for poor weather this weekend to justify a little furniture moving! 

jimsonweed

You weren't lying, that is one BEAST of a machine! 

I don't know what I'm more envious of, your case, your dual 390s, or that totally kick @$$ monitor setup!

Super awesome case - You're Red Team all the way!  Did it come with the led lighting? 

Killer job modding the rads, keeping her nice and cool?

shaneherald

no I picked up some LED strips from the local car parts store...I wired them up to a Molex plug ....4 strips run just fine off one plug ..as long as you wire them into the 12v side...lol...and yes ....at a 5GHz overclock with 1.548 volts I have temps below your average user ...lol its insane the temps I get with this cooling setup...I just wish it looked better.. ill be slowly working on that....my first step ...in what seems like a never ending process ..is to get this 1200w psu installed when it arrives......yaaa finely just got one ...

I'm excited for that....but I think the cooling is awesome....I had the h100i already...I felt it wuz getting old(3yrs) so I went out and bought the h100i-gtx....I hated the performance of the GTX....the H100i's performance is way way better....but that could be due to me lapping the block plate on the h100i...so having them both I talked about do this for awhile ...a friend of mine finely talked me into doing it....and I had the h90 laying round as a back up if any thing bad happened...so I just said screw it and did it......

I wuz and I am extremely happy and in aww at the results I have got out of it....took a lot of work and a few frustrating days to do it and then I had to figure out how to fill it and get air out of it...a lot of people have cut them open and used reservoirs with them...to easy...and I wanted to keep the sealed up look.. plus I did not have a res.

so working with what I have I did it and this is the outcome...if a guy can pick up two of these for cheap...even if you buy a h100i and find the h100i gtx with a broken or leaking pump...it happens a lot to the gtx model ...the performance on your cooling that you can get will flip your lid...lol...defiantly worth doing....but filling it can be tricky...I hade to use a syringe and push fluid into the lines and then pull it out .....push it in and pull it out....slowly!...to get air out of the system....then I had to almost what felt like to me pressurize the system with fluid...by that I mean I had to push the fluid into the system to a point when I let off the syringe it would push fluid back into the syringe....my first go round scared me!.....when I first filled it and put it together my temps in bios where like 70c!,,,, I wuz like dang man its not working .....thinking there wuz air stuck in the unit I connected the syringe back up....there wuz no air....that's when I figured out its got to be sorta pressurized to work good....so once I got it pressurized by adding more fluid.... I crimped the hose with some needle nose vice grips disconnected the syringe, plugged the line and released the vice grips ....and did the final pressurization of this system while in windows so I could watch temps and pump speeds .....to much pressure wuz bad and to little wuz bad....very dangerous to do while my pc wuz on to ...I use antifreeze mixed with water ...the second mix wuz to thick ...its gota be about 10 or 15% antifreeze 90 to 85% distilled water... I will be ordering some other type of fluid to refill this set up soon...I am planning on making a video to show how I fill this so those who try it wont fry there cpu .....I will be changing my water cooling up ...I plan on getting a regular water cooling pump and cpu block soon but I'm seriously thinking about keeping this system a sealed unit I like the looks of it and not having a res. I need better hose clamps to ...but then again I am planning this mad max mod to my case so maybe these auto hose clamps will fit into the build if I can do it right ..lol....wow...I wrote a book...o well.....I enjoy talking about and telling people how I did this with the cooling unit .....you would not believe how many people said I could not do this ...and that it would not work....and when I got it done and working you would not believe how many people said bullcrap ..im lying ....lol.....I think it wuz people who have tried and failed because they could not figure out how to bleed the air and they defiantly did not try to pressurize the system ......its almost like over filling it....its not ...but that's what it feels like when using a syringe to do it with.....  sorry for my spelling errors and grammar ...I know they suck....but I can build a pc! , I build houses and concrete basements for a living, I could build the space shuttle if nasa dropped of plans and parts....I can play guitar like crazy...I can do all kinds of things perfectly but I cant spell worth a dang and my grammar well ...its bad to....and the (....) well that's a old habit from the old irc days...lol...

thanks to you all for your interest and nice comments about my system ....its very much appreciated!

dudeobvi

thats one red case. nice

rob27shred

Very nice indeed! Love the dual 390s, my main card is an XFX DD 390. I was tempted to grab another to replace the 290X but ended up getting a new mobo & RAM this Black Friday. The work with the AIOs is genius, you definitely did a great job on the build, & I'm loving the color scheme! Stay Red my friend!

shaneherald

well thanks very much....yes indeed, when you get another chance at another 390 pick it up ...crossfiring these are wicked fast and smooth gaming....I cant wait for zen to come out....omg is that going to be the best day ever....I got a zen savings account already going on..lol.... a zen build with these cards ....omg man ....I can't wait!!!! I hope to make my intel using friends look at scores and say,..... intel what?.....lol....

tom_neverwinter

Alienware R4; Amd 7950 Intel Core i7 3820, Gskill ripjaws x 1866 16GB ram, 512Gb Hdd (switched out from 1TB that failed)

shaneherald

wwwaaaaaassshhhhhooooooo I'm excited.......new 1200w psu will be arriving tomorrow....I will be able to finely push 5ghz on my cpu with stable video card overclocks to.....I cant wait to see what this machine will do when it has proper power......o boy o boy o boy .........I feel like a kid waiting on Santa Clause...lol....

shaneherald

just two more likes to get the 100 points for 10 people liking my rig....just two more....please like my rig if you think its worth it thanks

shaneherald

Added my new fans and psu.......now I'm going to work on getting the things I need for a real custom water loop.....I also want to water cool my XFX R9 390's does any one know where I can get water blocks for these cards ....I hear that some 290 blocks will work is this true?....