1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 3:30 PM by davies_85

Overclocking (Over Drive) bug for memory speed - Crimson Drivers

túatha_dé_danann

Hi there. I've installed the latest Crimson driver edition and overclocked my GPU to a state I know it is stable (tested several times before) and applied the changes. I have a Radeon HD 7970 and overclocked it to:

Clock speed: 1050 MHz

Memory Speed: 1480 MHz

Now, it runs fine, but: When I tried to undo this overclocking, the memory speed was stuck on 1480 MHz. I was able to delete the profile to get back to stock speeds for both the GPU-clock and the memory, but once I try to create a new profile, it starts at 1480 MHz at the memory side. (left side of the slider does not start at stock clocks but on the last overclocking-speed, not being able to slow it down anymore) This could be an issue if you overclock it into instable regions, not being able to go back. To my luck, this speed is stable, but it doesn't change the issue of the "jumping" memory speed in the Overdrive-mode.

• Re: Overclocking (Over Drive) bug for memory speed - Crimson Drivers
          davies_85

I have this issue also, ive uninstalled crimson and allowed windows update to install catalyst control centre. although reinstalling crimson does reset the base memory changing it again will change that to the new lowest. its recommended to use your manufacturers software for the OC if you want to keep running crimson (from what ive read), such as sapphire trixx.. though I had issues with the settings been applied through that also which is why I'm back on CCC.