11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 11:58 AM by radbanshee

Very disappointed in the new Crimson software.

radbanshee

Sorry but i do not like the new crimson.

Took over a hour to install. the Advanced section is very laggy and unresponsive.

When trying to use advanced mode it loads for 5 to 10 min before anything is usable.

Then if i make a change sometimes it just crashes and i have to start over again.

I want the old CCC back so how can i get it? Or am i stuck with this version?

My setup

AMD FX 8350

2 MSI R9 280X

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

• Re: Very disappointed in the new Crimson software.
          zenleststehum

The Legacy versions can be found here.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            1337cammy

Feel free to search the latest CCC version for your windows system in 32 or 64 bit memory addressing by searching the 15.7.1 version.

For Win 7 64 bit for example this one.

feverstriker

That's really odd, I have no issues with it whatsoever.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                  radbanshee

Totally stumped.

Crimson acted like a virus and i have been fighting to get it back to normal all last night and all of today. So pissed off right now. I had to reinstall windows 10 and now i am still having troubles with AMD CCC 15.7.1 it keeps freezing. I had absolutely no troubles with my custom built computer till i installed Crimson.

Right now the only way i can get windows to restart is with my flash drive installed and use advanced tools to force to skip  driver signature enforcement.

Never had any troubles till crimson install.

shaneherald

when installing AMD video card drivers ...and I know this can be a pain....but you have to use a driver cleaner ....AMD has one ..but I like to use the one the fellas at guru3d have made....it works wonderfully and removes all driver files left behind from a normal uninstall.....this is what I did to install the new Radeon crimson Software .....

I went here and downloaded the the ddu program...display driver uninstaller....(a direct link to the download page)

www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-version-15-7.html

I then unpacked the DDU files ...uninstalled the CCC drivers and program threw the programs and features menu in windows ...I then ran DDU. now DDU will restart your pc in to safe mode you have a few options to choose from ...

I chose remove drivers and shutdown...just because it seems the safest to me then a restart ...I don't know why ...lol...

at the end of the operation of removing drivers it will ask you if you want the program to stop windows from downloading display drivers you want to say yes....and then it will shut down...I restarted my pc ...and install the Radeon Software......boom ...done in less then 2 minutes ...yes it went that fast for me.....

if your having issues try this method .....even if you had issues and the new Radeon Software did install ...I recommend downloading this program and uninstalling Radeon Software and running the driver cleaner and reinstalling ...

hope this helps some of you having issues with the install....this new software is awesome .....AMD! I love it! .....I just wish my over clocks would work again in all my favorite benchmarks........

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    dickhyper@gmail.com

Hey,

Installed minimal Crimson Edition for my Win 8.1 R9 200 GPU and it would not discover my

HDTV !!!!!!!!!!!!! I used Windows restore to get back CCC. Forgot the "Trust but verify" rule !!!

Good Luck all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaborbartal

Just to balance the comments, I have installed it within 2 minutes, and works freaking wonders.
                      (AMD R9 280 3GB | AMD FX-8320)

blazer

I have had no problems with the Crimson software on my system, and I even installed the legacy version on my wife's computer (she is running a HD6800 series) and had no problems with either installation. Although, downloading the driver for my system was a pain, because the first time I downloaded it, the file was corrupt, so I had to download it again.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                            gaborbartal

The world is full of opinions and experiences. Get it?

This is a new product that just came out a few days ago, lots of people are wondering if it's worth downloading at all - running into a thread like this would surely put them off, if it appears to be the general case (with only comments that support the OP's viewpoint). Get it?

Your comment is of no merit in helping the OP. Get it?

Hmm I am still short of 4 question marks to match you, but I give up.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
                            theprist

Hello my fellow friends i don't see the nonsense  in trowing so much bad reviews in this Driver Crimson when this is mature ,when i had a increase of 40% in my FPS and i have a sapphire oc R9 290X  x 2  which i think is craise, i think this is going to be best of the beginning of what AMD can do and that's a Fact green team is going to be asking 4 mercie , , Lol!!! give them some time the will fix any bug that it has !! intel next time my !!!  RED TEAM FAMILY   !!!  GAME ON  !!! 

shaneherald

I know not every pc is going to be ideal for running Radeon Software Crimson .....And I know people are going to have troubles....if you refer to my post above in this comment section you will see the ideal way to install this new Software...if you do not remove the old drivers first some weird things could happen... I do not know anyone that has removed old drivers in this way and had a problem with Crimson...yes there is some things to work out.. not all pc's are the same... users will find bugs a little quarks because we are sitting here using our pc's in a totally different manner with totally different programs and hardware than the dev's of this program are running   ....I find that 90% of the time most issue are caused by the user not knowing the proper ways to do things on there pc's ..... I have seen some strange stuff people try to do ...lol....but coming into a RED TEAM forum and trash talking is way outa line....your not going to get any help by acting like that dickhyper@gmail.com...... and then your surprised when some one here says something about it.....I find that to be just hilarious ....lol.....issues or problems you may have are always better handled with a little sugar on top.....lmao....

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                                radbanshee

Update to my original post.

I have the problems all solved now.

After doing another clean install of windows and reinstalling all my software it seems the problems were a corrupt file in the original downloaded file from the AMD site.

Also i blame part on Windows for not letting me use the System Image i made for my computer to reinstall windows.

After all is said and done after fighting these issues for days i now have everything back to normal. I now have Crimson up and going and this time i used the link from a email i received directly from AMD.

This issue is not from a "noob" mistake. I have been building custom rigs and repairing computers for years.

My custom PC

12247745_1002424156444427_2993916876882736375_o (2).jpg

12295483_1007146075972235_3256566567897309765_n.jpg

radbanshee

Well Crimson crapped out again.

Was wanting to do some Eyefinity Racing today and when i click on  AMD Radeon settings the loading circle pops up for a second then nothing happens.

I am getting frustrated so if anyone has a solution other than system restore (tried it) please let me know.