Every time I try to update to the New Crimson driver, it gets to the installation and just freezes at 2 percent, then says program not responding so I have to close it, like ***?
* I have the same issue.
Uninstalled Previous Catalyst drivers - Windows 8.1 64 bit 1080p HDMI HDTV - 120hz
Keeps freezing @ 2%, then stops.
Anyone report this to AMD ?
* I submitted a report as well, do they respond to reports?
No, the Issue Reporting Form is a method to provide feedback to AMD, it's not an avenue for one on one troubleshooting.
i don't know. they have not to mine.
As explained, you should NOT expect a response to your submission via the Issue Reporting Form.
* I assume AMD does not have any form to resolve issues with drivers / software other than on the forums?
Actually we do : Email Form
This forum is primarily for peer to peer support, and the Issue Reporting Form is for providing feedback to AMD on driver issues.
I appreciate your replying in this forum. I just submitted a support ticket but wanted to share my experience and hopefully respond to this thread with the solution.
We have a PC in production behind a DMZ so no updates, no internet access, and it works fine but every few months the graphics driver crashes and we have to reimage the machine. It has a Radeon R9 290x. While I was on vacation, an intern let the backup PC upgrade to Windows 10 without prior consent. It worked, but our software didnt. I tried the latest Catalyst drivers, then tried the Crimson drivers, but there were inconsistent errors during install, during launch of our Win32 standard monitoring app, just no sense. I can deal with all these issue because I have backed up images, but during the testing I ran into a huge problem during Crimson install....obviously if there is no graphics driver installed Windows defaults to 640x480. Well, you can't see the buttons on today's widescreen monitors, so I used keyboard shortcuts. Until you get to the EULA. there is NO WAY to get past the EULA at 640x480. Hence my request to require that your driver installation package team is forced to eat their own dogmeat at 640x480.
*drops microphone, struts away*
Crimson Drivers don't seem to be supported by AMD, in terms of delvering consistent results and functionality.
* I liked the enthusiasm with the new Interface and promised updates for new AAA titles, it seems its just barely providing functionality for most users, which when 1 game loses functionality, that drops to an even lower percentage of users, while most people only play 1-2 game with 80% driver success rate... every game that has glitches after the 1-2 game reduces that to 30% driver functionality IMO.
* It seems AMD needs Huge resources to deal with this, not sure of a small team that they have can Ever fix these issues.
I'm not trying to Express anything in this forum, but for my $1000 GPU I just purchased It would be nice to see New Feature Functionality be properly enabled *VSR / driver installtion etc.
* I still have stick stick with the Catalyst Driver 15.11 since Crimson won't install properly.
* It does not make sense that any GPU drivers need special Terms or Conditions for it to install properly. This isn't freeware.
I had this problem, but eventually let the driver installer do its thing. It honestly takes longer to install or uninstall the Crimson drivers in their current state than previous Catalyst builds. I'd say it easily takes 15-20 minutes to perform either action, but it does eventually go through. During installation mine stopped at 2% and if I clicked on it Windows would tell me that it had become unresponsive.
Try to let your installer go for awhile and see if it does anything.I'm running an AMD FX-9590, 16GB of RAM, a Samsung EVO SSD, and a R9 290x 4GB so my computer isn't slouching.
Retrieving data ...