AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has fully recovered

Question asked by rakyero on Nov 24, 2015

I recently just built this computer with the purpose of it being a gaming PC, but so far I've had a serious issue with my graphics card. During any sort of graphically intensive game, after a random amount of time (from 10 seconds to over an hour) the game will freeze for a few seconds, my monitor will go black, and then the monitor comes back on with whatever game I was playing now just a black screen. If I alt-tab quick enough I can see a Windows notification saying something along the lines of "Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has fully recovered". I can still hear the audio from the game but it remains unresponsive and I can't do anything but end the process. I have tried so many solutions, including: Upping TdrDelay, updating to beta drivers and Crimson drivers, rolling back drivers, uninstalling drivers using DDU and reinstalling drivers, updating motherboard drivers, checking to see if my motherboard BIOS was out of date (it wasn't), I've checked to see if the graphics card is making a good connection with the PCI-E slot on the motherboard (it is), upping the power limit to 5-20%, lowering my core clock speed, and increasing fan speed to prevent overheating (my card never gets over 70C). I even tried upgrading to Windows 10 to see if that could somehow resolve my issue, still nothing. I am at a loss here, literally everything I have tried has made not one bit of difference and I don't know what else to do. This is my first build and I have no extra parts to see if something other than the graphics card itself is faulty. Is there some last hidden solution that I haven't tried, or am I seriously SOL?

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel Core i5 4460

MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon R9 380 4GB

EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Outcomes