AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Force DVI for Video and HDMI for Audio Only

Question asked by categorytheory on Nov 23, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 by juno

I've got a Radeon 7870 on a 64-bit Windows 10 box. The DVI output (digital) goes directly to my 1920x1080 monitor, and the HDMI output is plugged in to my A/V amplifier.

Unfortunately, my screen keeps getting messed up by resolution changes, and sometimes seems to have problems going in to full screen mode at the proper resolution; I think some of this is to do with my AV amp changing the resolution it claims over the HDMI link when I turn the monitor off. Just to make sure that things are working right, I'd like to output video only over my DVI link directly to my monitor and use the HDMI link for audio only.

So far my messing about has got it in to a state where if I unplug the HDMI connector from the graphics card, I get a display from the DVI input from the monitor, and if I plug in the HDMI connector, I get no display on either the DVI->monitor or the HDMI->amp->monitor connection. Is there some way to tell the card simply to always use only the DVI connector for video, and never anything else?:

Outcomes