3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2015 9:33 AM by h3n0g00d

Enter The Dragon

h3n0g00d

Description

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7m4D4D

I built this a little over a year and a half ago, and it's been absolutely awesome.  This is my third personal build.  Initially i had ordered an MSI 280x, but i had sold it (i did not like the quality of that brand) and purchased a used Gigabyte Windforce 290x, and it's been great!  The case was definitely a lot larger than i had anticipated, but nonetheless, I love my giant mini fridge.

20151123_122821.jpg

Specifications

CPUIntel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz
      CoolerCorsair H100i
      MotherboardAsus Maximus VI Extreme
      MemoryG.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2600
      GraphicsGigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE
      Disc Drive 1Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
      Disc Drive 2Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUCorsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
      CaseCorsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case
      MonitorBenQ XL2420Z 144Hz
        • Re: Enter The Dragon
          arcticwind

Nice!  Bruce would be proud!!

rob27shred

Very nice build there! I love the Corsair Air 540, I have been mulling over getting one myself since it seems like it would be a better case for my setup. I am currently rocking a ThermalTake Core V31 which is a very nice case but I've ran out of room in it fast. Also since I'm running a crossfire setup I think my setup would highly benefit from a case that separates the mobo from the PSU & SSDs/HDDs. Is the Corsair Air 540 setup like that?

h3n0g00d

yes the Air 540 is set up so that the PSU cabling and SSD drives are separate from the HDD/Motherboard/GPU, but i am not sure if you can place the HDDs in the back or not.  You can still easily fit those cards in this case though, but the case does take a ton of space on your desk so be careful.  I would also check out the smaller Air 240 which does the same thing in a smaller space.

1 of 1 people found this helpful