0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2015 11:57 PM by maxmargulies

HDMI not working

maxmargulies

Hi.

I have a Samsung ATIV Book 8, with AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M graphics (switchable graphics with Intel HD). My drivers are updated fully (version 15.201.1151-150821a-188665E).

I am not going to lie, I have been pretty pissed off the past few months as I have not been able to use HDMI since upgrading to Windows 10. Whenever I connect my laptop to my TV (which I previously have been able to do for the past two years with no problem) by HDMI cable, the screen does not register any picture or sound. I have been googling issues for the past few months, and while it seems like MANY people have this issue, AMD/Windows have provided no support. I have gone over this sticky: FAQ: Windows® 10 Driver and AMD Graphics Product Compatibility and according to this, "AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics for notebooks" should "provide the complete Windows 10 experience." Does this experience not include a working HDMI feature?

Please prove me wrong that there has been no support by providing me a fix. I shouldn't have to roll back to old drivers or back to Win8.1 to fix this. There is no reason that the HDMI port should not be working properly, everything else works fine since the update but this seems a very basic thing. It seems that for Nvidia users, there is a simple fix through the Nvidia control panel for this. I will be switching to their product for my next PC if I cannot get this issue resolved.

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.