2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 5:08 AM by jlnilsson@gmail.com

Fallout 4 FPS drops since new driver.

ricsaka

I'm experiencing random (and very frequent) FPS drops since I've installed the new 15.11.1 Beta driver. Before the new driver I had 60 or more FPS at all time, very few times it dropped to like 40 for a sec.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit, my card is AMD Radeon R9 290 4Gb

• Re: Fallout 4 FPS drops since new driver.
          kingfish

Do you have Overdrive enabled and the power limit set to +50 (or +20, whichever is highest)?

Did you uninstall the old drivers first? >

1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and EXPRESS uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and selectively uninstall the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

Please note that if you choose "Express Install" the new drivers, it will automatically install the 'Gaming Evolved' (raptr) app in addition to the drivers. If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, choose 'Custom' install the new drivers and uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues.

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Solved

• Re: Fallout 4 FPS drops since new driver.
            jlnilsson@gmail.com

Had the same problem but it might work if you simply check the cache in steam. That fixed the issue for me after the driver update.

1 of 1 people found this helpful