3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2015 3:37 AM by backFireX64

two 5870 wont work crossfire

oh00

have two 5870:

first is Asus EAH5870

second Sapphire Radeon HD 5870

motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H BIOS U1G

windows 7 x64 sp1

they wont work crossfire, i dont see this option in amd caralyst control center

i use latest drivers, ive try 12.x, 13.x, nothing changes

they both are work but not in crossfire

• Re: two 5870 wont work crossfire
          backFireX64

Are the HD5000 series cards the new 'thing' these days ??? (i use 2 x HD5970)

lol

Too many threads on such old generation of gpu.

Anyway.

Have you connected a working crossfirex bridge between the 2 adapters ?

What does gpu-z report ?

What does CCC report on the 'hardware info' tab ?

oh00

i dont need so hught performance, two 5870 is ok for me

sure i use working crossfirex bridge !

CCC whows second card as disabled

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

backFireX64

I agree. Two HD5870 have lots of potential... but many games nowadays do not have support for proper multi-gpu scaling so... most of the times you are left with 1 gpu core to play with, which is mostly not enough to play with decent frames on higher gfx settings for many of the recent demanding AAA games.

Am i wrong ?

I should know better...

Regardless, i've taken a close look into the screenshots you posted.

Your 2nd adapter is running on x1 bus speed, on a pcie 2.0 x16 slot.

That is not normal at all and i suspect either a hardware malfunction on the pcie slot, or a hardware problem with the card. It should read at least x4 and above.

To be more certain, try switching adapters on the pcie slots, or try using another pcie 2.0 slot.

If the same adapter reports lower bus speed than the spec of each tested slot, then the problem lies with the card.

Just so you know, my disabled HD5970 gpu cores are reported running at x16 bus width speed, on a pcie 2.0 x16 slot (for both HD5970 adapters).

1 of 1 people found this helpful