AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hello i just bought a new assembled pc  with a AMD radeon r9 390x^2 HIS. Since i first turned it on I noticed artifacts (3 vertical bands when I turn it on and then multiple short white lines on the desktop). So i thought that after installing the drivers

Question asked by sampaclaus on Nov 20, 2015

Hello!
I just bought a new assembled pc  with a AMD radeon r9 390x^2 HIS. Since i first turned it on I noticed screen artifacts (3 vertical bands when I turn it on and then multiple short white lines on the desktop). So i thought that after installing the drivers they would disappear but they didn't, plus it chrashes every time I try to reinstall them unless I first cancel all the existing drivers.  I downloaded SIV to see PC specifics and it detects the GPU but it says that the one that is working is the base Microsoft graph card. I tried to download the latest drivers that I found in the AMD site. I guess the options are:
1) the graphic card doesn't work
2) the pc can't install correctly the drivers so it doesn't work with the AMD graph card but with the base Microsoft one (I used a specific program that says that some audio and video drivers are obsolete)
3)during the last installation of the AMD catalyst latest beta drivers (15.11.1) i noticed something weird (another artifact appeard but different) and the device manager finally detected the r9 390 (warm fuzzy feeling) but then the system crashed because it couldn't find the drivers that it didnt make me install since the system wouldn't detect the GPU.
I first intalled win8, the win10 then win8.1 but nothing chanced.
All this made me think that maybe there's an order to follow in order to install the AMD drivers and eventually a procedure that I didnt know about.
Can anybody help me out? I apologize for eventual mistakes in the informatic language

Outcomes