2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 6:30 PM by shadow_dagger97

R9 290x Black Screen on Driver Installation and Bootup

shadow_dagger97

I have an AMD Radeon R9 290x GPU that has been working perfectly for the past year. No issues up until now. My hard drive was broken and I had to get a new one, and reinstalled all of my software. One of this software was the drivers on the disk that came with the GPU. It black screened during installation, and the music I had playing in the background froze and loops for a couple seconds, then died. I restarted my computer and saw the windows logo and everything. After that, it was another black screen, without a cursor. I rebooted the computer into safe mode and removed the drivers using DDU. I restarted the computer in normal mode and tried installing every AMD Graphics Driver from 13.9 all the way to 15.11 Beta, and still the same result. I have tried every solution I stumbled upon when searching for this issue, and still, no success. I did turn off my firewall and antivirus if you were asking. I checked my CPU temperatures and they seemed the same as always (25C - 35C) and tried to open afterburner to under clock the GPU, but since there are no drivers, no GPU shows up in the program. The output cables are connected to the GPU, and I tried different cables. The PSU is also fully functional (I tested it on my friend's computer which uses the same GPU) I really don't want to spend more money on a new GPU, so please help. I also cannot upgrade to Windows 10 as it fails on its first restart (Even when the drivers are not installed) Specs Below:

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: AMD Radeon 29 290x (MSI OC Edition)

PSU: Corsair 600w

Ram: 8GB 1600Mhz