0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 11:29 PM by adrian987

AMD display drivers stopped responding and recovered. Frequent, Crashes Fallout 4.

adrian987

A few months back, I purchased an R9 270 to replace my old 5870 that was having hardware issues. Recently, my screens (I have dual monitors set up) will both go black and a few moments later the will return and windows will have the notification "A Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered". If I'm playing Dota 2 it's kinda annoying but it doesn't crash the game, but I've been playing Fallout 4 this week and it kicks me out of the whole game when it happens!

After researching the issue earlier this week I learned that it could be windows tlrDelay. I set that to 12 but it did not fix the issue. I then found that I had a lot of old display drivers still in the windows folder, so I did a clean uninstall of them in safe mode with DDU. After freshly installing the latest drivers (15.7.1), the problem seemed fixed. That is until today when it started up again for seemingly no reason. No error message is given to help my troubleshoot the issue other that "A Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered".

Anyone know of this issue and potential fix?

Specs:

i7 950 @3.05Ghz

8Gb 1333Mhz DDR3

ASUS R9 270

120GB SSD

1Tb HDD

Windows 10 64bit