0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 9:18 AM by axima

Graphics driver has stopped responding and has been succesfuly recovered

axima

I started having this problem after installing the latest Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) update. It was that major update to OS, which was a couple of days ago. I had problems earlier with atikmdag.sys -file, which caused BSOD when doing something GPU-heavy. Fixed that according to atikmdag.sys BSOD fixed, now what..?

After updating my OS, it started to throw this same message, "Graphics driver has stopped responding and has been succesfuly recovered" and screen went black for a second.

Drivers were installed according to screen while installing the update to OS.

I searched for a fix, and found many forums and YouTube-videos saying I could fix it by making a registry entry.

This is what I did:

[1] Open registry editor.

[2] Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers"

[3] Make new entry called REG_QWORD (64-bit) if you have 64-bit OS, which I have.

[4] Edit that entry, type TdrDelay, and put value to 8 (hexadecimal)

After doing that, the problem is fixed. Haven't had single error since.

Now some instructions say I should make that entry as a REG_DWORD (32-bit) irregarding what type of OS you have.

- Should I change it to DWORD? I don't want to change it because it works perfectly at the moment.

- What that actually does? I don't really know anything about how registry works, I was just following instructions.

- What's the difference between QWORD and DWORD entries? In my current situation...you don't need to explain how the whole registry works.

- Should I make both these entries there? Or just the one? I currently have a REG_QWORD TdrDelay 0x00000008 (8)

My system:

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

AMD A8-7100 Radeon R5

AMD Radeon R7 M265

Thanks for reading this thru.